1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Switching...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by capvan, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

So...IF I want to switch from AA's to something else, what should that something else be? I keep hearing about STS, and Gun Club shells. Are they same, as far as reloading components go? I want to keep my reloading as simple as possible. What should I buy for hulls, both new at wallie land and as empties?

Thanks for the help!

Bruce

2. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I shoot and reload a lot of STS shells. The Remington Gun Club hulls can be reloaded exactly as if it were a STS hull. I don't use them for a couple of reasons - such as the steel base of the gun club will put more wear on your reloader. For ease of identification, I use the gold ones (nitro 27s) for one ounce loads, green (sts) for 1 1/8 ounce loads.

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

If you are going to buy...Remington STS and Nitros. At most clubs there will be all the all the Gun Clubs laying there for the picking up that you will ever need.

4. capvan

capvan Active Member

It's funny what you said about picking up hulls. I just started shooting this summer after a hiatus of about 8 years. At the Vermont club where I shoot, I have NEVER seen a hull on the ground. I just realized it when you mentioned picking up hulls. Guess everyone is a neatnik! BTW, is "Nitro" a Remington brand?
    Bruce

5. capvan

capvan Active Member

6. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I've been loading primarily Gun Clubs for the past 2 years. I can switch between them and the STS hulls with no problems with the reloader or components. The Nitro's are Remington's factory Handicap loads, they have a gold case rather than the green like the STS's, but they are the same hull. Hope this helps, Josh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.