1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Switched ammo this year?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Avaldes, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

With the ammo rebate situation, I assume there are a lot of people shooting Federals and AA's this year that would normally be shooting Nitro 27's or STS. For those that have switched, any noticable change in your handicap scores?

I have found myself shooting more Federals and AA silver bullets this year. Even before the rebate thing, because I have had those shells on my shelf for a long time. Has anyone else changed habits? I am curious to hear what others think.

2. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I agree with Eddie. I am willing to do on the field testing for all the new shells and will be happy to post results. pm for shipping instructions.

Charlie

3. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Didn't everybody switch this year????? I know I did.

D.P.Reynolds

4. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

Yes, because of the rebates offered by Winchester I switched from STS to Win AA and Federal Top guns and Estates for an "economy" load for 16 yard targets. My singles average with the 2 3/4 load did not change but I'm convinced that my Handicap scores have improved shooting Win AA 3dram or the Super Handicap loads. When I use Winchester AA light 8s on the 16 yard targets I do get more devastating breaks with them than I do when using the less expensive "economy" loads, so there is a difference in the quality of the load.

Hit 'em hard,

John

5. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I noticed the same results on the 16 with Win. light 8's. It has me considering about a permanent change.

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I'd like to see market share numbers for Remington pre-during-post rebate. I'm guessing they sold SIGNIFICANTLY less this year than they have in the past.

7. Scootermac50

Scootermac50 Active Member

Handicap averages went up around 3% using Federal Gold Medals this year...
    Best average I have ever had!

Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.