1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Swimming pool lights?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Having a inground pool put in, had a guy tell me not to buy the underwater light,said you couldnt use it because it drew in too many bugs at night.. I dont remember being bothered by bugs when we have stayed at hotels with outdoor pools.. your thoughts please.. thanks!

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I had one in our pool and didn't have any bugs ... I guess it could depend on what part of the country you live in but out here in Arizona it was not a problem ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Pool safety takes precedence, can't imagine enjoying your pool at night without proper lighting. Tell your friend to quit bugging you.

Robert

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Dumb if you ask me. I never saw more bugs around lighted pools.

Skinny dipping at night with bimbos, now.........

HM

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Don't worry about the bugs .... the bats will get them.

I would think you would need the lights in the pool just for safety reasons.

6. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

There are no safety reasons not to put a light in your pool, they are low voltage.

My pool light was an after thought, and it hangs down in the pool...about 2 1/2 feet, I placed it under the diving board...works great..

7. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I suppose it would draw bugs. Any light at night draws bugs, bats would circle my pool at night as a result. My pool was installed in 1979 and had a 120v light. Because of the voltage, old age and source of potential leaks I removed it and covered the hole with plexiglass. Newer lights are low voltage. I may just buy a light that floats on top of the water. No chance of leaks around the light that way.

8. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

I remember bugs at night but it wasnt until my daughter, age 4 to 6? said to me,daddy, watch she swam to the light, showed me her hair on arm stood.

PS at a hotel the pool guy cleans the bugs out as well as the critters that jump in, I was the pool guy home.Lee

9. leadvail

leadvail Member

Have him put a switch in. You need to see if it has water in it before you dive in and that there are no snakes or alligators using it at night.

[​IMG]

They look like this. Bob

Hey, slic, is it true about the pool boys and the lonely ladies?

10. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

One thing certain, it's a lot cheaper to put in now then after the pool is built. I believe they come with an off switch.

11. RLC323

RLC323 Member

All I know is that Clark Griswold would have been better off without lights in that motel pool.
    [​IMG]

12. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

They are good but can also be a PITA, if they leak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.