1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SWG Singles Rained OUT....you need a boat to shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rick979, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Heavy rain cancelled the 200 bird singles championship today due to a lack of rental aluminum boats in the San Antonio area. Here are some photos of the trap line. The trap house will make a cool duck blind. Catfishing is a better bet today than shooting. Bring your trot line.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The trap field layout was and is a poor design for inclement weather conditions, no drainage installed, this trap range needs to be completely re-done.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rick. You guys have feast or famine when it comes to rain.

4. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Was back out at the NSC for the shooter appreciation dinner earlier this evening. Things are in much better shape tonight, they announced that all houses are dry and working, voice activators have been checked out, and all fields are shootable. Saw a few of the trap fields that were under water earlier today and they all looked pretty good. They announced that all six banks will be in use tomorrow.

Program starts at 8 am with the Doubles Championship, followed by the Singles Championship (reduced to 100 targets), followed by the Handicap Championship. All shooters must resquad/recashier for the Singles, all entry money for the 200 singles event will be refunded.

Looks like the crew at NSC has done their best to make sure we can finish the program tomorrow.

As for Dr. Longshot - well, since he won't leave his own backyard to shoot in the first place I'm not sure why he's so concerned about a facility located in Texas. I'm sure everyone down here appreciates his expert opinion.

Scott

5. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

the good dr.is retired so maybe he will go to texas & show the folks down there how it is done right. lord knows it rains in ohio so i am sure he could be a valuable source of info. at the very least he could send a "DR.Longshot,s gun clubs designed right" video of trap layouts that has his stamp of approval . or he could go as a rep for geurrini & show all the folks at the s w grand how good a pattern a geurrini will shoot right out of the box. write the whole trip off as business expense. maybe shoot a 40 yard annie

6. Fox32

Fox32 Member

Scott, You are dead on. The staff at NSC has been working EXTRA hard to make sure we have great targets and fought weather all week. A big thanks to all the staff at NSC and especially Michael Hampton, we are very lucky to have his expertise as our tournament director! THANKS NSC!!!!

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Man, If they got the club shootable in such a short time somebody is doin' sumptin' right!

Just out of curiosity, how much rain fell out of the sky?

ss

8. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

I'm speechless and just going to keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers!

God Bless,
    TNCoach

9. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Rainfall in the Helotes area around the club was reported as 3.5 inches.

10. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I'd understood 4+ inches in a hurry.

Anything the Good Dr Longshorts is not an expert on?

There's a lot of things we'd have done better in building fields 35 years ago. You didn't have the equipment, materials,expertise, or enough money at the time. But places got built and still function today for the betterment of our sport. Shoot well, Bob

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

well put Bob

12. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

Dr/ Longshlt, why don't you waddle your happy rear down there and show them how to do it. Along with that Iam sure you'll be able to finance the operation just to prove your expertise!

It appears and sounds as though the staff and Micheal did and have done an excellent job.

13. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Let's not forget the head mechanic, Barney, nearly got electrocuted trying to get things ready to start the shoot on Saturday! He took a hard shock in one of the flooded traphouses that knocked him senseless and caused violent vomitting. That is when the decision was made to call the shoot for Saturday. The crew and staff here in San Antonio work hard to make this and every shoot here at the complex a great experience for the shooters. Thank them for their efforts every chance you get!!

Ken Rucker

14. setter

setter Member

Wanted to share that Barney is doing fine, he was back on the job Sunday even tho many would have taken time off, he wanted to do more than his share like the rest of the staff at the NSC. Also, 5 of the Pat-Traps were under water for a few hours Saturday. The sump pumps just couldn't keep up with the cloud burst plus the previous rains during the week. After the rain stopped those 5 Pat-Traps were serviced by the NSC (Pete), Sat afternoon and they performed flawlessly all day on Sunday.

15. Grayson Mayne

Grayson Mayne Member

Rain not withstanding, what a nice looking trap line. It is a long way from me but I would surely like to shoot there. Might try for the SWG next year.

16. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I Agree with Grayson......What a great looking place. A little far for me from Penna. but I would dearly love to shoot at the NSC someday!!....Uncle Sam, Pa.

17. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Your all missing Royce Graff who took over Michael's old job as tournament director when Mike moved up. Royce and his staff are the primary ones to thank for keeping a very bad situation from becoming a disaster. Jimmy Borum

18. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Was always my favorite place to shoot. They are all great people. Ray

19. below 0

below 0 TS Member

It is a great place to shoot, however, the people who "should" be in their places of business, were absent thru most of the shoot...Some never did open for business. If these businesses are too busy to send someone to man the building for them, then they do not need my business. One of the reasons I go to the SWG is to see whats new and compare products. I'm thinking that next year I will stay home, just like these business people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.