1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sweet Sarah

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jakearoo, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

No comment necessary.

2. JH

JH Well-Known Member

OBAMA IS A MARXIST.....

OBAMA+PELOSI+REID= Taxes,ECONOMIC DEPRESSION, "San Francisco lifestyles promoted by the government"....EMBOLDENED TERRORISTS and GUN BANS!

Save America from the Radical Left Wing...Vote McCain/Palin!

3. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Sarah Palen connects with a large part of the nation and is a decent and honest person. She has good values and well represents her state and the Republican party.

I can see why 80% of Alaskans approve of her.

Ed Ward

4. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

According to the Constitution, the Vice President is the President of the Senate.

Presidents are ususally "in charge" unless they delegate their authority to someone else. Traditionally, the VP has delegated this authority to the majority party in our two party system. However, you will find no mention of Democrats or Republicans in the Constitution. As such, Constitutionally, the VP is in charge of the Senate and to fault her on this is just more liberal, left wing bull shit.

5. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

She know how to spell that other BAFON think's "JOBS" is a three letter word. I con not understand how the American People just let these idiots stay in office. We need a four year term limit, salary base on average income threw out the counrty.

6. RAScott

RAScott Member

Bangalore You hit it right on the head. God save us all if the chosen one gets in.
    Bob

7. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

"As President of the Senate, the Vice President has two primary duties: to cast a vote in the event of a Senate deadlock and to preside over and certify the official vote count of the U.S. Electoral College." That is it. Nada mas.

Brookie, I understand that you are a fanatical right wing conservative. But, you seem to be rather obviously intelligent. I don't know anyone who surfs the net for tidbits (all be it from only one point of view) better. You must have taken high school civics.

For crying out loud, the VP is not "in charge of the senate" and able to "get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes." That is nonsense.

Are you really as unknowledgeable about the Constitution and the United States Government as Sarah? And if not, do you really want to defend that kind of ignorance?

8. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

I believe he used the wrong choice of words to describe the VP Senate duties. It could have been presented better. As for the Constitution,it appears to me that many of your collegues who fill positions in the judiciary have never read the Constitution let alone have the ability to interpret and determine original intent. The contempt for the law profession amongst the overall public is, IMO, well earned....

9. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Waterhouse, Regarding lawyers, estoy de acuerdo. Well earned indeed. Hard to find a bigger bunch of lying jerks than lawyers.

But you do understand that my quotes above were from sweet Sarah, right? Not sure what you mean by "he" could have put it better.

10. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Don't make Jane Fonda happy.....Vote McCain/Palin!

11. SwannyinMinn.

SwannyinMinn. TS Member

In charge of the Senate?!?! Her brain must be frozen....or she has mad moose disease.

12. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Make the New York Pravda Times unhappy! Vote McCain/Palin!

13. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

Jake.....I get the impression that you are holding Sarah Palin to a higher standard than that of Joe Biden who received a JD for completing a course of study in law.

Here's another take from another source....http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/oct/03/biden-gets-veep-role-wrong/

14. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Waterhouse, C'mon. Let's be honest here. Sarah ain't the sharpest tool in the drawer. She has had at least a couple of months to study since the question above. And even now, she doesn't even have a clue what the VP does? For crying out loud, can't she look it up on Google?

She is pretty. She is even charming in a folksy way. But unfortunately, at the core she is a beauty queen with little education or knowledge. You know: "I am in favor of world peace" along with a side to side wave and a smile.

God forbid McCain dies, I really don't want her at the controls in a real honest to God National emergency. Do you?

15. JH

JH Well-Known Member

When Bill Clinton was Governor of Arkansas running for president, did the New York Times question his foreign policy experience?....When Jimmy Carter ran for president, did the left wing media question his credentials?

The FIX is in.... the American left wing media is appallingly BIASED...we resemble a third world country!

16. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

OK if this was Biden, it would be "mis speak" Isnt that the battle cry of the Obama/Biden camp. OK so I heard her say WE,TEAM can work with the senate. OK she can throw in the tie breaker. Do you think she wouldnt be rubbing elbows with the senate! This is what I want, a non lawyer, common sense folk.

17. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

jakearoo your stand on this subject is a bit confusing. You posted the link above and then made a statement as fallows.

""As President of the Senate, the Vice President has two primary duties: to cast a vote in the event of a Senate deadlock and to preside over and certify the official vote count of the U.S. Electoral College." That is it. Nada mas."

In the link that you provided it says "and acting as the presiding officer of the U.S. Senate." these word are highlighted in blue if you had bothered to follow the link(that is what the blue highlight is a link)you have found this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speaker_(politics)

In this link the term you("That is it. Nada mas.")used take on a new meaning as a matter of fact they sound a little more like Sarah Palin thoughts on the the position of President of the Senate!!!!!!!!!

The Gentleman that you Dem's put so much faith Joe Biden says.

"The only authority the vice president has from the legislative standpoint is the vote, only when there is a tie vote. He has no authority relative to the Congress. The idea he’s part of the Legislative Branch is a bizarre notion invented by Cheney"

This is the man that you are supporting for Vice Prise dent he has no clue according to the link That YOU provided so who is misinformed? He doesn't even seem to know the duties of the office he hopes to hold of course you must realize he has served in the senate for the last 36 years. What was he doing all that time Sleeping???????

Of course I know I will not receive an acknowledgment on what I have posted you liberals never admit a mistake.

SWILLY SAYS "In charge of the Senate?!?! Her brain must be frozen....or she has mad moose disease." More Brain Power from Minn on display. HA HA HA

Bob Lawless

18. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Sorry Jake,

I read the Constitution instead of wikipedia. I hadn't realized that we were now governed by wikipedia. My bad. LOL

19. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

<embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' src='http://foxnews1.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/foxnews1-foxnews-pub01-live/current/videolandingpage/fncLargePlayer/client/embedded/embedded.swf' id='mediumFlashEmbedded' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' bgcolor='#000000' allowScriptAccess='always' allowFullScreen='true' quality='high' name='undefined' play='false' scale='noscale' menu='false' salign='LT' scriptAccess='always' wmode='false' height='275' width='305' flashvars='playerId=videolandingpage&playerTemplateId=fncLargePlayer&categoryTitle=Latest Video&referralObject=3160106&referralPlaylistId=949437d0db05ed5f5b9954dc049d70b0c12f2749' />

20. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Funny how libs can look at you and lie even AFTER you have proof. hussein's own recent statements prove he STILL feels this way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.