1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Swapping stocks...what to do with the old one?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by himark, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I have a MX3 that has the original stock that is neutral but I am a lefty. I found a nice LH stock here on TS and was going to re-list mine as its just sitting on the shelf...But then,

A fellow worker/shooter told me I should keep a hold of it in case I ever sell my gun it can go back to a rh dominate market. I am not one for keeping a hold of things but it made sense.

Do you guys that swap stocks alot keep the originals with the gun? or just get rid of one more thing collecting dust?

I dont see myself selling my gun in the future but am also a realist and there is always something that could catch my fancy I just dont know it yet.

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Trust me, you will eventually sell your gun. You are a trapshooter. For what you will get for the stock, you will be better off selling with the original right hand wood, IMO. Then sell the left hand wood, and move on to the next ray of hope. Good luck shooting. Jon

3. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Guns with left hand wood on them rarely sit for very long if listed for sale. The market is just too small. So, lefties are always keeping an eye out for lefty guns.

I would sell the stock and keep shooting the gun. If I felt like selling it, I would just list it and see what happens. I buy guns to shoot, not sell.

4. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

Shoot the new lefty stock for a while first! Make sure you don't sell the neutral stock before you decide which stock you really like and shoot best.

I have a buddy who's left handed who bought a left hand stock, shot it for a while and decided he liked the neutral stock better.

Just a thought

Shoot safely, well and often!
    Tom

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

You could always give it as a gift to a Peta Treehugger, just tell 'em it was confiscated from a Spotted Owl tree...then take the tax deduction!!

Curt

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Sell it. If you need another one to be able to sell the gun in the future, buy it then, or sell it w/ the LH stock, or sell it with no stock at all and let the buyer find a stock they like. Turn the $ into something you can use, rather than sitting a stock that you'll never use with the thought that maybe, one day, if I want to get rid of it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.