1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

swaping wood on a Bt-99

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dale in Va, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dale in Va

Dale in Va TS Member

I have a 1979 Bt-99 with the Monte Carlo stock and finger groove forarm thats a little loose. I would like to put that wood on a like new 1974 that has a stright comb and wide beaver tail forarm. would this be an easy swap or will there be alot of fitting?

2. nsguy

nsguy Active Member

Try the swap and see for yourself. I would think that 32 yr. old wood would have shrunk to its smallest size in that time. The loose forarm might be because of the oil that has weeped into the wood over the years and makes it kind of spongy!

3. Dale in Va

Dale in Va TS Member

my action is loose, wood is tight. I perfer the Monte Carlo stock. I would like to take the stock and forarm off the loose action BT and put it on a nice a tight BT. I havn't got the other BT yet.

4. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

the old style forend iron will not match new stylesquare forend wood. Ronnie

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Although it may appear to fit most guns require the stock and forearm to be professionally fitted in order to be right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt 99 forarm wood

bt99 wood