1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Swamp people

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Setterman, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

825 pound gator, and Troy and Elizabeth pull it into the boat by themselves.

Them swamp people are stronger than Tron when his wash'n machine was broke for 2 days.

2. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

LOL!!!!! It never ends around here! :)

3. C1

C1 Member

You didn't watch close. It took 3 and if you had watched the whole series you would have understood how they do it.

CHOOT, ELISABETH, CHOOT!!!!!

4. ultramag338

ultramag338 Member

Call me Elizabeth again Troy and I will kick your BLEEP. Great show how about the brothers that broke down and paddled 4 miles......

5. Mapper

Mapper Member

Well, I have worked, eaten, lived among, and shot with some Coonasses. Some are very strong. If it wasn't so hot down there I would have retired there. They are as good as it gets, but they gotta eat, so I suppose some showmanship might slip in, from time to time.

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I think Troy is going for a singing career.

Don

7. pdq

pdq Member

I'll chip in $20 towards them getting a crew cut. Same with the Duck Commanders. What is the attraction of looking like you are so poor and sloppy that you have to have a huge head of unkempt hair?

It these guys are the role models of future generations of outdoorsman, I'm staying inside.

pdq

8. clayshtr

clayshtr Member

Getting dressed is pretty simple for Troy just put on the same shirt everyday.

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

C1, I hate to admit it, but I've probably watched every show. My favs are the 2 brothers that shoot "scurls" from their front porch.

I'm just questioning some of the weights of those gators.

Yes, Troy should have been an opera star. Bruce missed his future as a fashion designer.

10. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

RJ has a big ego for a little man of his size LOL

I enjoyed Terral's method of catching catfish....sticking your hand down in the murky swamp, inside of a log and jamming your hand into the mouth of a catfish....

I have a watched all the episodes but if they go on for another season, they have to add some more variety to the show. It's going to get old real fast with another season of catching gators and nothing else. Mitch and Glenn and Terral added some variety but more is needed.

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

R.J. looks to be small in frame size but that sucker is all muscle. Arm wrestleing champ in that area. That show is great. Bulge

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I luv dem der swamp peoples. My best friend ( deceased) has a son whom lives down there in Houma and the folks are the best of quality and may sound stupid to some people but in reallity they are very smart and self sufficient. I spent two weeks down there and they would not let me buy a drink or pay for food. Their hospitality is top shelf

13. pdq

pdq Member

Cigar:

And they "only sound stupid"?

These are the role models for the next generation of outdoorsman?

No better than the NBA players covered with tatoos who get locked up after being involved in 2AM bar shootings -- these are the guys that inner city kids look up to as role models / heros.

Anyone who aspires to sound stupid has accomplished their mission. I know that you don't take them seriously, but there may be a whole bunch of young people that don't know any better.

Pete

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

pdq: You had better get your uppity nose out of the air, you are starting to look like Obama. Some of the best outdoors men I have met and known over the years look like they got dressed out of the rag bag. Only the snooty few think it is a fashion parade and the only people they impress are themselves.

I have taken some of these fashion dudes with their gold inlaid field guns hunting behind my Brits and they couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle.

Don't be critical of someone's way of life because they probably think you are kind of funny also. Besides that I don't think they give a crap what you think.

Don

15. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I don't know, they remind me of a majority of trap shooters I have met in my life.

They are just as superstitious, wearing their lucky shirt, shoes, gun, etc.

Nice to see some people doing some honest hard work for a living, getting by and not depending on the government to take care of them.

16. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Good heavans, I can’t beleive I’m writing this, I agree with bigdon..... the Mayan calandar must be off... Grubby

17. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bigdon, is right. They are some down to earth people. When the brothers catch a lot of catfish or anything else all they think of is sharing with friends and family. They are my kind of people. Bulge.

18. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Hunted doves one time in south Mississippi with a bunch of guys from Houma. They were average shots with doves up close but they could really knock down the doves that were out beyond 35 yards and flying wide of their hunting position. They were generally using tightly choked shotguns and most were duck hunters also. Nice guys.

19. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The only thing that is missing is the lovely smells. If you have ever been around the southern swamps or gators you'll know what i mean. Go visit a gator farm. Whewww!!! That said there is no way in hell i would go out on a boat with those fellas. They know what they are doing but i don't. I think i'd have nightmares. LOL

Good show. I love their creole coonass accent although tough to understand sometimes. Those are some good people.

20. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Here is the defining question;

Who would you rather spend a few days with -

A) a couple of swamp people putting around in their boat wearing shabby cloathes and needing to see a barber or

B) a couple of well groomed dudes shooting a mix of clays and canned birds with their ultra expensive shotguns?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.