1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SW Grand - San Antonio - Weather for the Week!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Steven R. Scheib, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

I arrived here late Friday afternoon. It was 82 degrees, clear blue skies, and a 5 mph NW wind. Saturday about the same, maybe 10 mph wind and today, Sunday is supposed to be even better. In fact, all week looks to be upper 70's to mid 80's. The grounds are perfect, as always. It's green everywhere and nice to be out of the Midwest weather. This place has been busy since I arrived, with hosting the National Collegiate Shooting Championships, with over 25 teams here from all over the United States. ESPN filmed the 5 stand shootoffs yesterday, right behind my trailer. What a nice group of kids! I'm not sure if they shoot again today or not. To all those who have never visited this place, I would recommend coming here at least once in your shooting career. With costs so high, I am really cutting back this year on where I shoot. However, this is one place I will not miss. It is probably one of the best run shoots in the country, bar none. Hand set traps - 25 per trap - what more could the purist want? Anyways, with Vicki Larkin camped next to me, between the two of us, we should be able to keep you up to date. And, R.J. Stuart is on the grounds and his updates are pretty good. The RV spots are all sold in advance, but many are permanent, so some will chose not to show. Wish you were here. My squad all arrives by tomorrow. Jon Mor and Del Haverly from Minnesota; Barry Turner from Nova Scotia; Dean Ekstrom and myself from Cedar Rapids, Iowa. And, I ran into the "Dog Squad" from Minnesota. One of them was barking at female spectator yesterday, who was exhibiting her attributes in front of the pack. Oh well, enough for now. Have a great Sunday everyone. Steve

2. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Steve, I'll be coming in Tuesday evening, shooting Wednesday through Sunday. I'll likely see you there.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.