1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SW Grand American - Wednesday Results

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Steven R. Scheib, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

Here is what R.J. Stuart has posted on today's events. On the doubles, Rob Taylor from Kansas had the lone 100. 3 shooters posted 99's - Chad Cooley from Texas, Jerry Parr from Utah, and Ricky Marshall Jr. from Nebraska.

The day started out cloudy and overcast, but by 1:30 in the afternoon, the sun broke through. Wind was out of the SE at 15 to 20 mph. Targets were set very well today, considering the wind. Everyone experienced the targets dropping out on Post 1 with a hard left. You had to be on your best today, or they took their toll on your score. Dilly dally and you were left wondering what happened. What a nice break from the weather up North. I'm glad to be here. Wish you all were here! Have a nice evening.

2. Target13

Target13 Active Member

Thanks Steve for passing along the information on today's scores. I truly want to congratulate Rob Taylor for that 100 in Doubles today along with the other three 99's that were posted - great job of shooting under some very tough windy conditions.

Many thanks to those of you that emailed me back with your thoughts about the issues earlier in the week dealing with targets. I had the opportunity to go out thoughout the day in San Antonio and watch squads shoot on the top and bottom banks and was able to watch the breaks; the target flight; the misses etc. I was also able to visit with a lot of the shooters to get their input - good or bad. I still hope to visit with a few others on Thursday for their input, but I honestly saw good targets today under some tough unsettling conditions. After researching lot #'s of the targets used earlier in the week, all indications as to weights etc. were good and nothing jumped out that was out of the ordinary. I'm still perplexed as to the number of poor scores shot by many shooters early in the week - was it just a tough day to shoot; were the targets set differently than usual ?? We'll continue to look for answers and by all means ask for any input from you shooters that were there.

Needless to say, I hope the weather get's better and the wind lays down a bit for the rest of the shoot. Any of you shooters there, please stop by our WF Building to get a Commemorative Target and tell me what you think. I need and continually want your input - good or bad

Best of luck to all those in San Antonio and later next week I'll try to put a post on this site with an update and anything we found that might explain the difficulties early in the week.

Phil Murray
    White Flyer Targets

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.