1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SW Grand American - Tuesday Results

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Steven R. Scheib, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

R.J. Stuart has most everything already listed. They are shooting off handicap as I post this. In the doubles, which just finished, there are 3 - 97's in AAA, which all carryover. Only handicap is shot off each day. Those with 97's are Jerry Parr, Bob Munson, and SJ Brian Hull from Kansas. Windy it was and targets were on the sporting side. Beautiful day with lots of sunshine and wind out of the SW/SE at 15 mph.

They just announced the handicap shootoff results with Gerry Williams the victor over Pete Martin. Have a good evening, everyone!

2. hairy

hairy TS Member

Steve, keep Del shooting 16's so he gets his 100,000 on Saturday.

3. bas

bas Member

So what is this I hear about "bad" targets....literally...and they are getting a new shipment in?

4. bas

bas Member

And, I love the new feature on R.J.Stuart's web site - you can now see a shooter's "personal" scores...very cool!

5. Vickie

Vickie Member

Hey Betty, that is what I heard also. They had a big semi here and were unloading targets. They might just be running low on targets, I don't know. It has been windy, but the targets look pretty good, until they drop out from underneath you. I guess we will see if the targets make any difference tomorrow. It is still a beautiful gunclub. I look forward to coming to San Antonio every year.

There have been a lot of low scores on the board, mine included! Right now, at 10 P.M. the wind is howling. Hope it blows over before daybreak!

Vickie

6. Target13

Target13 Active Member

Understand there have been difficulties in the White Flyer Targets at the Southwestern Grand in San Antonio. Received a call from Michael Hampton Jr. and we discussed what "he" saw and he told of the poor scores. I know that from talking to Michael today, the targets seemed to break and fly much better.

Currently in New Jersey (Tuesday Night), but am catching a flight that should get me into San Antonio on Wednesday morning. Will come directly out to the Complex and try to sort out what happened earlier with the lower scores. Frankly, based on what we have been told, I really don't know what the problem could be - I need to see the targets and check out a few things before I can fully understand the situation - all I've seen are a lot of low scores earlier in the week by top shooters and what I saw on this site.

Needless to say, don't hesitate to look me up on Wednesday (tomorrow), if you have observations and ideas or you felt the targets were not our usual quality in terms of flight and breaking. I'll be in my building for awhile on Vendors Row and then you will find me on a cart with Michael;Barney or Pete "eyeballing" the targets you are shooting on the different banks.

Needless to say, if there was "problems" with those targets, rest assured we'll investigate all different angles why they didn't break or fly well and we'll seek to let you know why. None of us at White Flyer wants anything thrown from those traphouses to be less than the best quality target you can shoot at. We are concerned and sincerely apologize to everyone for any inconveniences all this may have caused - we ourselves are shooters and understand.

Nevertheless, please seek me out in San Antonio and I will be glad to answer any of your questions or concerns. Sounds like the scores were a bit better today.

See you in San Antonio !!

Phil Murray
    White Flyer Targets

7. BBowen

BBowen Member

how many shooters are there at san antonio?

thanks for posting the information.

bruce bowen www.bbguns.net

8. bas

bas Member

Hey Vicki...yes, the SA facility is top notch...no doubt about that. Also, great post by Phil Murray...and talk about customer service....that is great.
    Shoot well!

9. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

There will be Pat Traps in all the upper bank fields by our State Shoot in July and I'm sure in all the fields before next April. Jimmy Borum

10. otnot

otnot Active Member

Yea let's put in new Pat traps and make it easier so everyone can feel good about their scores. If you noticed the short yardage shooters seemed to be doing quite well on the handset machines.

11. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

The handicap targets today seemed very soft and very low, about 8 feet high and around 38 mph according to what one targets setter told one of our squad members. With a stiff tailwind it made for challenging targets and low scores, at least on our squad. Leo H shot ahead of us and broke about 92, very good compared to three scores in the 70s on our squad. We also had a scorekeeper who had real problems. She had things screwed up so much we had to stop and correct the sheet by the time our leaqder was shooting his fourth bird, first post. Needless to say that didn't help on our concentration. The targets on our second field in the doubles were all over all over the place - up, down, left, right. We asked about having the setter replaced after the first post, but no others were available. When I've been here in the past I've been very impressed with the competence of the trap help, and I've said so on this forum. We had some good help today, but also some of the worst I've seen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.