Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SV10 Prevail 1 Trap?

7K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  jbifulco 
#1 ·
Does anyone shoot the new SV10 trap gun from Beretta? I am seriously considering this gun. I have shot a JEG Silver Pigeon II O/U and was very impressed. Since I am not looking for a combo gun and this fits my budget a lot better I am giving it a hard look. The closest dealer that has one in stock is 90 minutes away so I was hoping for some feed back here before I make the drive.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Joe

#5 ·
Thanks. I am pretty sure I will buy one before the end of the week. If any one is interested I will do my best to put up a review with some good pictures.

From what I have seen it seems like a very nice gun but the extra grain stock scares me. Kind of surprising that for almost $3K it doesn't come with at least a half way decent piece of wood.

#14 ·
Unless you live in Kentucky, you should be able to order this gun, 32" with kickoff for $2,568 from Bud's Guns, without sales tax. Shipping is included.

I'll keep watching for reports - and the opportunity to try the Beretta.

The price IS right for me - and maybe - mi esposa as well.

Larry

#16 ·
I had a 30" with a G-Square that I sold. I had the forcing cones lengthened and ported by Briley.
32" is the way to go, and installing Smingler weights in the barrels did help for trap and sporting.
I found the trigger pull heavy and had some work done to make them 3.5 pounds and crispy, to smooth and lighten them up. All and all is a nice gun and worth the money.

#17 ·
Thank you for the replies. I handled the 32" with the kick off yesterday $2895 in Western New York. I also handled a 682 Gold E with 32" barrels. I just couldn't buy the SV10, the stock was just to ugly. The gun also felt a little on the light side compared to the 682.

I just can't warm up to the extra grain wood. Ken, this gun didn't look at all like yours. The 682 on the other hand was gorgeous. I guess I keep looking.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.