1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SV10 Prevail 1 Trap?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jbifulco, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbifulco

jbifulco Member

Does anyone shoot the new SV10 trap gun from Beretta? I am seriously considering this gun. I have shot a JEG Silver Pigeon II O/U and was very impressed. Since I am not looking for a combo gun and this fits my budget a lot better I am giving it a hard look. The closest dealer that has one in stock is 90 minutes away so I was hoping for some feed back here before I make the drive.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Joe

2. ZTWITHE

ZTWITHE Member

I shot one with the 32" barrels with the kick off system at the Grand and loved it. Ran 25 straight. Ill be buying one soon seems like a lot of gun for the $ and the eject/extract selector is really cool.

3. jbifulco

jbifulco Member

ZTWITHE thanks for the reply. Did the kick off system work well? Just wondering if it's worth another $300.

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The few I've sold were well received and the Kick-Off system seems to work good!!

5. jbifulco

jbifulco Member

Thanks. I am pretty sure I will buy one before the end of the week. If any one is interested I will do my best to put up a review with some good pictures.

From what I have seen it seems like a very nice gun but the extra grain stock scares me. Kind of surprising that for almost $3K it doesn't come with at least a half way decent piece of wood.

6. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I would be [ut off by the "extra" wood too........

7. Ken@clairton

Ken@clairton TS Member

I believe the extra grain is different than extra wood. The extra wood is dipped in a film to create the effect and then polyurethane. The extra grain is burned in. I have a new Beretta A400 with extra grain and it not a film.

8. jbifulco

jbifulco Member

Ken,

You are correct. Does your gun have a horizontal striped effect or does it look like real grain?

Thanks

Joe

9. emmylou1

emmylou1 Active Member

Please do the review thing about this gun,its the one Im aiming at too.
    The xtra grain wood Im hoping looks real rich at third the cost..............

10. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

"almost $3K"? Aren't used 682 Gold E's and Etchen 687's about that or lower?

But maybe you just have it in your head that you've got to have "new".

11. Ken@clairton

Ken@clairton TS Member

Joe,

Here is a pic of my A400 with extra grain wood. Hope this helps.

Ken
    [​IMG]

12. jbifulco

jbifulco Member

Ken thanks for the pic. As far as the price, $2595 is the best I can find, plus 9% sales tax gets me to close to $3K. If I found a used JEG 687 or a 682 with 32" barrels for under that I would definatly be interested.

Joe.

13. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

And neither the 682 nor 687 comes with the KO recoil system!!

14. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

Unless you live in Kentucky, you should be able to order this gun, 32" with kickoff for $2,568 from Bud's Guns, without sales tax. Shipping is included.

I'll keep watching for reports - and the opportunity to try the Beretta.

The price IS right for me - and maybe - mi esposa as well.

Larry

15. kolar1000

kolar1000 TS Member

Bought one at the Grand for doubles and love it. Mine has the recoil system. I traded my hard kicking 682E in on it. I have only shot about 500 rounds through it but it seems like a great gun. Terry

16. Bueno

Bueno Member

I had a 30" with a G-Square that I sold. I had the forcing cones lengthened and ported by Briley.
    32" is the way to go, and installing Smingler weights in the barrels did help for trap and sporting.
    I found the trigger pull heavy and had some work done to make them 3.5 pounds and crispy, to smooth and lighten them up. All and all is a nice gun and worth the money.

17. jbifulco

jbifulco Member

Thank you for the replies. I handled the 32" with the kick off yesterday $2895 in Western New York. I also handled a 682 Gold E with 32" barrels. I just couldn't buy the SV10, the stock was just to ugly. The gun also felt a little on the light side compared to the 682.

I just can't warm up to the extra grain wood. Ken, this gun didn't look at all like yours. The 682 on the other hand was gorgeous. I guess I keep looking.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta prevail 1 trap stock
beretta sv10 prevail 1

beretta sv10 prevail 1 trap

beretta sv10 trap for sale
does the beretta sv10 prevail have steelium barrels

sv10 prevail

sv10 trap
what is a beretta prevail 1 pro trap gun