1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Suspension Lift kits

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Troutslayer, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troutslayer

Troutslayer TS Member

Does anyone know about lift kits?
    My sons wants his 1999 Silverado 4wd lifted to clear 33-12.50-17 tires.
    I have looked at alot of lifts and for the money the Rough Country 4" seems to be ok. Just need some input.
    Thanks, Jeff Gerber #0614300

2. kolarkim

kolarkim Member

try a tuff country cheaper and better (usually)KK

3. musky

musky TS Member

with my experience the rancho is about as good as it gets. For the money i think its hard to beat a lift from sky-jacker. They are a lot cheaper than rancho and not very far behind in quality.

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Just 4"???? Come on, your Sons gotta have a redder neck than that!

5. REM3

REM3 Member

i had a 6" fabtech done on mine about a year and a half ago and it is great

6. Nitro express

Nitro express TS Member

Was told by my kid that has 6in fabtech on a 95 k1500 Pirate 4x4 web site says to clear up to thirty three inch tires all you need to do is turn your torsion bars up to 4turns from factory spec to eliminate rubbing. You can crank your torsion bars up to a max of 8 turns from factory spec without damage. Also if you know anyone interested in a brand new set of Hanneman Fiberglass fenders 5inch bulge for 88-98 Chevy full size truck. I will sell for a great price, or good trade.

Best regards,
    Tony

7. bud168

bud168 Member

I have a 6" Pro-Comp with 35's on a F150, I like the kit so far, rides nice for being a lifted truck...

- Kurt Nelson

8. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

I do know something about this subject as I build Custom Jeeps.

For the truck I would say anyone "BUT" Rough Country. They are a hokey outfit that likes to knock off other peoples products, Like mine!!! and act like they invented it. Plus even if they hadn't offended me their stuff just ain't all that great. There are many outfits that make better products.

Specifically, I would say Pro Comp or Fabtech, Both have really good, reliability, workmanship, reputations, and look good installed. Most of the higher end, better built, trucks we see out here in the Northern LA region of CA use these parts.

My .02

Here's my Cummins powered Jeep Scrambler. the DeScrambler It's about 75% done
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.