1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Suspension/delegate?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bcnu, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Was reading the new printed rule book today. If I am reading it correctly, one can now be a delegate if one has not been suspended within the last 5 years for a year or more. As opposed to never being able to run after a year long suspension as it used to be. As long as one is a life member.

I had an unfortunate rat related incident at the Grand back in about 1975 and thought that I would be forever denied the position of state delegate lol.

John

2. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Curious, what were the particulars of this incident??

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

PM, It really is an entertaining story. A good friend and shooting buddy of John's dad told me the details.

BCNU, Do you remember a guy named Harvey? He's been ratting you out. LOL

Jim

4. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Harvey Childers? Used to work the bank in Camdenton?

Larry McKinnley tells it the best lol.

It was a day that will live on in history. One which will be soon forgotten because most all wittinesses are long gone now. I think it was the 1975 Grand, I was about 15, Carrol had hired me to stay in the Simmons tent at night to make sure nothing bad happened, boy did she pick the wrong boy lol. My dad left me with a sawed off Ithica 37 shotgun, "just in case". Long about the last night or so of the Grand I heard a loud rustling noise and flipped on the flashlight, looked around to see the biggest damned rat that I had ever seen. Being 15 and none too smart, I checked the background and saw fit to obliterate the giant rat. Yep, blasted the crap out of it, hit it. Within a matter of minutes a rent a cop shows up and by now I am outside the tent. He asked what was going on and I said I just killed the biggest damned rat I had ever seen. He promptly hand cuffs me and stuffs me in the back of the golf cart and off to the CEB we go. Now it is about 10 pm, I MAY have inadvertently made some reference to Dick Tracy, at which time he takes me to the main gate on 601 National and has me hold my right hand up as high as I can and he hooks me up to the fence. Fooled him, I am left handed lol. Anyway, now here I am, 15 years old, 10 pm, handcuffed to the fence, cars driving by, people pointing and laughing. My dad, being the upstanding trap shooter type of the day was out all night chasing women and drinking, was unavailable. Enter our shooting / traveling buddy Tom Senekvech. He finally comes back to the Royal Motel in Dayton (that place is a whole story in and of itself) at about 1145pm. He comes and rescues me from the mean rent a cop and gets them to let me go. Well, it seems as though they are very serious about that whole not shooting anywhere but the line thing and nobody even thanked me for killing possibly THE BIGGEST rat in the history of the state, possibly saving the spread of God only knows what disease. They chose instead to forward a complaint to my delegate, Bill Lyons R.I.P., at which time, after laughing for an hour, he had to suspend me for a year. Thus ending my quest for the position of delegate......until now.

John

5. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

John, That is the Harvey I refered to. It seems after hearing some of his accounts of trapshooting, You had an interesting youth??

Jim

6. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

John,

If there's any justice in this world, with a story like that, they should piggyback you around the others and make you Zone V.P. (assuming Earl doesn't want the job, of course).

Great stuff.

7. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Thanks John for the late night comedy.......I love a good funny story!

Lorna

8. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

John, I move you be made a delagate.Jeff

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Darn, I was pretty sure through that story that it would turn out he shot an possum....breakemall...Bob Dodd

10. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

This story made my day........no it made my week............ LOL........ l.g.

11. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Next time you see Larry, tell him to tell it to you. He does it just like Jimmy Garrison lol.

That should be worth at least second alternate delegate don't you think? John

12. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

By the way Jim101, when you see Harvey again, tell him I said hello and am back lol. Does he still shoot anywhere? I looked up most everyone from way back and most are either dead or not shooting any longer. Oh, when you see Larry have him tell you about the sphagetti dinner at Mary Mastries in Arkansas.

And Jim H. thanks, I felt like a I had a great state shoot this year. First state shoot 100 straight and 3 trophies! Who says you have to hit them all?

John not a quitter, bcnu

13. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

John, Harvey shoots at sedalia almost every week.

Jim

14. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Really, well, if you are going to be having another marathon before the end of the target year I will probably be up. I had no idea he lived there. Seems like I looked him up several years ago and he was not in the ATA shooter information center. Anyway, tell him I said hi and I will bcnhim soon. John

15. Etiquette

Etiquette Member

bcnu -- I think the record should be cleared, as sounds like self defence.

16. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

John, instead of a delegate, you would make a better "Guard-a-gate"

17. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

One shot, one kill.

18. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Where was the Simmons tent? I was there and never heard a thing about the shooting.

Tent had to be west of the shell house then I would suspect.

Whiz

19. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

IF this is a RAT FREE zone, I don't see why you couldn't hold any shooting office. RAT ON! LOL

20. calilori

calilori TS Member

OMG I am such an IDIOT...until you wrote bcnhim, I didn't get that the bcnu was cute for be seeing you.....DUH...it seems so obvious now!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.