1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Survived - Not doomed!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by grnberetcj, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Well, I survived the Cub Scouts camping trip this past weekend. It was to have been 2 nights (Fri & Sat) but due to BSA reg's for Cubs, it was only 1 night (Sat). We (grandson and granddaughter) got to the campground Saturday morning and set up our tent. After opening ceremonies, the kids (and me) did alot of scout stuff, i.e., archery, BB gun range, sling shot, wall climbing, nature hikes, catching frogs and snakes, nightly campfire, roasted marshmellows, smores, hot dogs, burgers, etc. I think I walked about 10 miles...those kids are trying to kill ole Pop-Pop. Anyway, we had a great time, kids loved it and can't wait for me to take them again. Again, thanks to all for your input and the camping trip was a lot more fun than my last one 43 yrs. ago.

Curt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Awesome Curt! They, and you, will never forget this. This kind of thing lays the foundation for your grandkids to become good, well rounded, solid adults.

Kudos

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Looks as if you survived as well.

Some of the best times I've had here in the last few years is taking my nephews out on overnights and showing them things that their parents haven't shown them.

Excellent job!

ss

4. TC

TC TS Member

Good job! Looks like you have a couple of hunting and fishing companions for life.

5. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

It looks like everyone had fun!

I would invest in the best pair of hiking boots you can find, but don't buy on cost I have a $200 plus pair of Merrells that haven't felt good since I wore them in the store.

Be Prepared,
    TNCoach
    Woodbadge SR 796

6. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

You are a good man, Curt. You are providing a foundation that will have a positive affect on those young'uns for the rest of their lives. Grandpaws rock!

7. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

Great job, (although I wouldn't call it work - more like labor of love). Kids today need that kind of attention and leadership more than ever. You have my greatest respect, Curt.

K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.