1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by otnot, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otnot

otnot Active Member

Well we were sold out again today! The supreme court ruled today that corporations can contribute unlimited amount of funds to candidates.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Oh, that's right. I thought only Unions were supposed to be able to do that.

Cry in your beer, Union Schmucks. (Hey Democrats - ever get the feeling that even when you're in power - you still lose?)

George Bush was an awesome President. John Roberts. On the Court baby! Sammuel Alito. On the court baby!

And a ruling that the Second Amendment actually means what it says...Mission Accomplished!

Sigh...9+ months until you get your asses handed to you. Get your popcorn, boys...dis gonna be ugly.

3. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Yes, not only unions, but the NRA and other similar groups are once again given a voice in the politics near an election. We also have been given back our rights!! Contribute to the groups that express your opinions and let your voice be heard! My little donations can not fund a TV commentary or opinion, but we can, together, express our views. See this as an opportunity for all voices to be expressed.

Send your donation to support your feelings and opinions.

Mike

4. Boxer

Boxer TS Member

the supreme courts job is to interpert the constitution, not legistate ....when they can legislate bye bye guns

5. smoked

smoked TS Member

You guys... (The American People) need to start a fund to take back your Congress from Wall Street,Special Interests,Insurance Interests, and the slime ball politicians on Both Sides of the isle.

This site is a perfect example of why they will prevail....until you ALL get you act together and fight back...constant back and forth bitching at each other(DEMS vs REP) allows them to do the same thing no matter who is in power. DIVISION AND CONTEMPT. As a spectator it is sad to watch a great nation spin down the drain because of a group very greedy people,again on BOTH SIDES

There is plenty of information available out there that ties ALL politicians to Corporate money.

If you take your fund and make it clear that if your a politician and you have your hand in the cookie jar will will find an independent candidate that is going to take your seat at the trough and speak for YOU...The People

I like ..."BLEED the GREED" fund.

Don't get me wrong either I believe in growth , wealth and prosperity, but not on the dime of the American taxpayer...

It's up to you

Chris

6. radeck

radeck Member

Just my 2 cents, I believe the Supreme Court was correct in its interpretation of the US Constitution, and more specifically the bill of rights on this one. This was not legislating from the bench. Instead it was a first amendment, freedom of speech case.

No person or group (whether they are a union, a corporation, or any other legal entity) should be prevented from having their say because a date on the calendar which happens to be an election is getting close. That’s censorship, it only serves to enable the status quo to continue, and those in power won’t have effective opposition to their continuing to hold political office. As long as we know who is providing the funding for any particular message, the American electorate won’t be fooled for long.

There are still limits on giving campaign contributions directly to a candidate. This case was about paying for messages on the issues of the day, not bribing politicians. Reeves D.

7. otnot

otnot Active Member

Well I don't belong to a union and I'm not a demorcrat but I am an American that would like to see the average persons vote count for more than what corporate America can afford to spend. Wake up people our country is being run but corporations and bankers, not you. Time to take it back.

8. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Allowing the money to be given isn't a bad thing. It's the reporting of just WHO/WHEN and the AMOUNT given that bothers me. And, after recieved just how it was spent. Politicians are a creation of the American people and they deserve to know full disclosure. Most donations from wealthy sources come in just before a vote on a bill or an election. This is because the people giving the money don't want to give a large amount of money on a bill/vote or candidate until they're sure the money is well spent. That 10 million Obama gave Hillary after the election was definately a pay off. Kinda nice to 'win' even after you lose huh? Jim

9. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Otnot:

The evil corporations, especially ones like Exxon, are owned by ordinary people like policemen, teachers and firemen who have pension funds.

Why shouldn't these people have a voice.

On the otherhand, if you want to ban unions as monopolies in restraint of trade, be my guest.

10. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Why is it you think Union money is coming from the average Union tax payer , Thats Bull shit . I`m Union retired and worked for 40 years in the trade and they gave money to the opposite who I was voting for. I never once agreed to who they wanted in office . Most is money down the drain as far as I`m concerned . There should be no money given out but that won`t happen . Let the people judge and vote .

11. otnot

otnot Active Member

The last I heard Corporations can't vote but they sure as hell can hire lobbyist to bribe our politicians. Now they might as well just have an auction before the elections and see how many politicians they can buy. But in reality this has been going on for a long time, but now they don't have to hide it.

I can see it now Politicians will be wearing company logos instead of name tags so we know where their loyalties lay. We will have the house of FedEx and the Taco Bell senate. Instead of the US Government we might as well call it Barnum and Bailey Circus.

If you drink Coke your a Democrat or Pepsi and your a Republican, diet either one and your a Libertarian.

12. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Goes to show you how much Buzz-gun knows, the unions were banned just like the corporations, now they also can run the ads.

More recalls on your Jap cars buzzy...LOL, or is that Pinocchio?

13. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.