1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Supreme Court Ruling on 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by concordefamily, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. concordefamily

concordefamily Member

Do we have any idea when their ruling on this is going to come out? I am trying to be optimistic but it is somewhat scary considering this is the first time in US history that the highest court in the land is "defining" gun ownership.

2. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

Last time I looked it was.

Tony

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

They just reconvened, any day now...

Jay

4. tomk2

tomk2 Member

*gulp*

Wasn't it Mark Twain who said something like "no man's liberty was safe when congress was in session?" I would add the Supreme Court to that statement.

5. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

From what I have heard, Mondays are usually when the Supreme Court announces its decisions though this case may be a little different.

Mike

6. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Well, through convoluted and twisted logic, the 5 liberal Supremes have decided that the scum terrorists being held at Guantamo have rights under OUR Constitution. Let's hope that these liberal pukes aren't so blatantly dishonest that they will vote that WE don't have a Right specifically GRANTED to US.

This is just another example why it will be FAR better to have McCain nominating justices and judges rather than that empty suit, ultra-liberal POS he's running against.

7. bocephus

bocephus Member

Well I think it is time we stopped taking prisoners........

Wake up America!

8. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

JC, I trust you didn't have time to determine that your reference was to a second ruling, not the primary ruling. The primary ruling deals with habeus rights of Guantanamo detainees, the second deals with US citizens in Iraq. Two totally different things:

"In a second ruling on habeas, the Court decided unanimously that U.S. citizens held by U.S. military forces in Iraq have a right to file habeas cases, because it does extend to them, but it went on to rule that federal judges do not have any authority to bar the transfer of those individuals to Iraqi authorites to face prosecution or punishment for crimes committed in that country in violation of Iraqi laws."

I suggest you follow the link above for further clarification.

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

BOUMEDIENE ET AL. v. BUSH, PRESIDENT OF THE
    UNITED STATES, ET AL.

Without your posting a link, I was reading the incorrect reference.

Now I understand.

JC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.