1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Supreme Court Justice Kennedy to resign

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bisi, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Listening to Neal Boortz. He is reporting that after the first of the year Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy is going to resign. Ojack*** and his Democrat controlled Senate get another justice like Kagan, Soyotmayor.

Still glad you didn't vote because you had to rotate the tires that day?

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Actually, I was doing my dog's nails.

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I really don't think the people you are accusing of rotating their tires read this site.

Most everyone has expressed their disappointment by now so continuing to do so kind of exposes your type of personality. Which isn't very flattering by the way.

Any actions now should be toward getting the right people in the mid-term elections. All crying does is get your hankie wet and the rest of us lose another election.

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

At least your excuse is orginial.

Kennedy has been considered a swing vote. I gurantee that whoever replaces him won't be a swing vote. It has been my observation that the only sure thing is a liberal judge. You never see anybody get on the Supreme Court become conservative. Some judges that you think are conservative start voting liberal, but you never see a liberal start voting conservative.

I would of voted but that damn Romney was too rich, wasn't conservative enough, weak on guns...................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Now we will get a Supreme Court Justice who isn't going to be weak on guns.

5. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

Supreme court Justice Hilary R. Clinton..............sorry for ruining your day and mine.

6. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Boy, that was a low blow. Charlie

7. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

And it begins, couldn't even wait until inaguration to start the changes.
    Charlie, secession is looking better all the time.

Bob W

8. wayno

wayno TS Member

bisi, i tend to agree with your very interesting conclusion about the direction that scotus appointees take in the years after their arrival on the bench.

why, i wonder...they are there for life, they have no fear of condonation from either side of the political fence, their paychecks arrive same time, same amount, no matter what their opinions are like. they don't get less intelligent or less learned in the law as the days go by.

could it be that, for one thing, they simply come to realize, more clearly, that they are the last buffer between the power of the police and the freedom of the people?

wayne harrison
    greensboro, nc

9. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

The dems destroyed conservative nominees when they were the minority. It is time for the Republicans to play by the same rules and stop rubber stamping every lefty that comes along.

10. wayno

wayno TS Member

i'm not trying to be combative, but i must point out that your first statement, above, 3200, is simply inaccurate.

wayne harrison
    greensboro nc

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

Well, if this is true, then it's a good thing John Roberts got some practice writing liberal opinions on the Obamacare deal.

'Cause ten bucks says he's getting ready to write some more.

12. ou.3200

Wayno, not inaccurate. Have you not heard of Judge Robert Bork who was totally destroyed as a nominee by Democrats in the Senate purely because they did not like his conservative stance, and what they tried to do with Judge Clarence Thomas when he was nominated, based on unfounded allegations by Anita Hill. Investigation discredited Hill because, according to her own timeline, she was alleging events that would have happened two or three months before she ever met Thomas. The verb "to bork" was coined meaning to destroy a nominee by whatever means necessary.

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Robert Bork was anti-gun. He said the Second Amendment was not an individual right. It wasn't just Dems who worked to get him rejected. Many gun owners and the NRA worked to defeat him.

14. wayno

wayno TS Member

brian: isn't accuracy refreshing--in everything from trapshooting to shooting down bullshit. i doubt we hear much further on the subject from 3200; except, maybe some more of the same.

15. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I suspect it'll be a very long time before we see a court as conservative as the court we've enjoyed lately.

16. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

I have seen nothing in print that Kennedy is resigning from the bench.

What is your source.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

17. ou.3200

This is a link to Wikipedia (hardly a conservative website) which provides an overview of the efforts by Democrats to block confirmation of judges they consider to be conservative to Federal appellate courts through obstruction and filibuster during the 107th through 110th Congressional sessions.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush_judicial_appointment_controversies

Excerpts from Wikipedia:

107th Congress
    "Democratic Senator Charles E. Schumer of New York said that the White House was trying to create the most ideological bench in the history of the nation."
    "As a result, from June 2001 to January 2003, when the Senate in the 107th Congress was controlled by the Democrats, many conservative appellate nominees were stalled in the Senate Judiciary Committee and never given hearings or committee votes."

108th Congress
    "Later, nine other conservative court of appeals nominees were also filibustered." "Three of the nominees (Estrada, Pickering and Kuhl) withdrew their nominations before the end of the 108th Congress."

The Republicans have filibusterd a few including Obama's nomination of Caitlin Halligan because of her gun control stance which is what Republicans should be doing to prevent stacking the courts, especially the Supreme Court, by Obama.
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1211/69872.html

18. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Dave-320c, I heard "Neal Boortz" say it on his radio show. I haven't heard it anywhere else but Kennedy is getting up there in age.

Now Boortz does say not to believe anything he says unless you can confirm it or it is consistent with what you know to already be true. He will flat out lie, trust but verify.

Boortz may be bsing, but I've never found it to be in the many years I've listened to him.

I'm going to miss Boortz when he retires in January. He is without a doubt the very best.

19. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bob W.- Your right, it does look better. I just cannot see that 'thing' in a black robe, except for Halloween, which has already passed. Regards, Charlie

20. cloudancer

cloudancer TS Member

Hey BISI, YOU ARE AWARE THAT YOU ARE ON A GUN ORIENTED WEBSITE RIGHT? AND THAT MOST OF THE FOLKS HERE LIKE GUNS AND SHOOTING GUNS RIGHT? SO WHY WOULD WE WANT A SUPREME COURT JUSTICE WHO IS HARD ON GUNS? WHAT ABOUT BEING HARD ON CRIMINALS WHO USE GUNS FOR ILLEGAL PURPOSES?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

anthony kennedy neal boortz