1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Supreme Court allows Registration in NY for guns

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by g7777777, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

This is what happens when you tell the vast vast majority of people in the electorate to shut up and be quiet stupid.

The baby gets thrown out with the bathwater as the infuritated majority is kicked. The momentum shifts.

The natural follow on is to vote out representitives that support apparently (unrestricted) firearms ownership during the 2014 elections

The model was smoking in public places and buildings. See how that went for smokers

I sat in a Union "community" meeting one time as the Union was making demands relating to a prison in Ohio. The Union was putting forth demand after demand and threatening to vote out of office any official that would not support them. All these families were sitting there, the spouses often with open mouths during this tirade, the guards sitting there most with blank faces. I thought to myself, these demands are nuts and all of these people are going to be unemployed in the middle of a horribly devastated state economically. Guess what? The state shut that prison. After meager Union benefits and unemployment checks ran out- the only people to have any hope of income were the higher up Union officials who went home to their warm beds and houses in other places. It just doesnt pay to say "shut up stupid" without looking at what the alternatives are.

Rights of individuals often conflict and to just say "shut up stupid" usually doesnt lead to good things

On the plus side- expect this law to be challanged but that could have a consequence also if it makes it way to the US Supreme Court- the result could be favorable or not favorable. Of course they may not take the case as formatted.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

click.

3. g7777777

Well I see that the US Supreme Court has rejected the current early attempt to block the states rights in this case, in the above post, but that doesnt mean that this wont work its way in a redefined suit some years from now.

It will just likely take years.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. g7777777

I see another thread on this that doesnt mention the ruling that has been started now.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I wouldn't be surprised if this become a basis for Illinois' AG appeal of her recent concealed carry defeat...

Jay

6. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Eventually the court will have to take up the issue in general, as different rulings in appeal courts will force the issue, one way or the other.

7. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

Yeah, I got five bucks that says it will make it to the supreme court the same year Obama names one more liberal justice to the court to replace the aging one about to retire. It wont make it while the court sits the way it is now. they will make it wait a year or two. We will be screwed permanently then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.