1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Suppressor sales up 9%.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    More and more people are finding out how fun suppressors are. The article mentions hunting, and that's the main reason I have mine. But it also saves your ears. I don't like to wear ear protection while hunting, and a suppressor sure helps in that regard. And check out the quote from the clueless Brady gal. She doesn't understand why anyone would want a suppressor. Why is it those who try to ban or restrict firearms are the same ones who are clueless about them?

BTW, Maxim used to make suppressors for trap guns 100 years ago.

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Like my Gemtech suppressor in 223 caliber. Great for hunting predators at night when I don't want to bother farmers. Sounds like a 22 caliber going off. In Europe it is considered rude to shoot any rifle without a suppressor. You can buy them anywhere in Europe without the bull paper work required by our government. I can shoot the rifle without ear plugs.

3. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I wouldn't mind having one for my Colt MP4 Ar-15. But I don't think with the flash deal it has that it would work too well. There is not a gunsmith here to tap the barrel for the threads. I can see getting into a group of hogs, where a silencer would be advantageous. Charlie Henderson

4. smsnyder

Many AR are allready threaded. Just unscrew the flash suppressor off. By the way guns are still just as accurate using a suppressor. Just a note you must site in rifle with the suppressor on. If not the rifle will shoot different.

5. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

They are very advantageous to hunting hogs...so is the PVS-14 night vision and the thermal spotter. A hell of a lot of fun when you find yourself "surrounded."

[​IMG]

6. smsnyder

Wow nice set up for hog hunting. Lots of dollars tied up there.

7. CharlieAMA

OK Thanks. I'll check that out. I'm sure suppressor vary, but what works well for an AR, where do you recommend obtaining one? I'm aware of all of the paper work etc.Cost etc.? Thanks, Charlie Henderson

8. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

Charlie,

A good place to start is at the link I have provided.

9. CharlieAMA

Seven Mary Three- Thanks Alot- Merry Christmas. Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.