1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Supposing: Chic a Fil

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Chango2, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

While I don't believe in "gay marriage" because such is an oxymoron, I do believe that gay, lesbian, transexual, and/or ambiguous gendered individuals are mandated, do not deserve, but "mandated" by our democratic society to enjoy all of the same civil rights that are afforded to the straight. No more, no less. I also believe that many Republicans feel the same way; after all, our, the Republican Party, is tha Party of Lincoln. Consider please the Log Cabin Club, an organization founded by non-"straight" Republicans of various orientations and physical geno and phenotypes.

Therefore, I do think it would be quite interesting if: 1. Gay owners of a Chic-Fil-A franchise, if there are any, and if that company has franchisees, I don't know, weigh in on the controvery and 2. Consider that the Chic-Fil-A company very likely, given statistical chances, employs at least one gay or lesbian employee at the executive level. These individuals may be reaping the benefits due to the increased sales by their company.

I guess my point, if there is one, is that both gays and straights would serve all of us well to simply "lighten up" on this whole issue; we are all Americans with the potential and responsibility to dialog with, understand one another, work out our differences, and continue to improve our great nation.

Life is short, "can't we all get along", after all, but much more importantly IMO, we are only here for a short time and consider that it may serve ALL of us well to try and understand another's beliefs and tolerate those beliefs if said beliefs are not mandating illegal and dangerous activities as specified by law, both civil and criminal and at all levels of jurisdiction.

Mandating agreement in another's belief is not what this is about, but respect and fairness seems to me, logically the best for all.

David Buchman

Los Angeles

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

David - please don't bring any of that clear thinking into this. We was all set to have us a good ol fashioned queer fry!

Seriously I wish more folks could just adopt the same mind set on this and other 'issues'.

3. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

The straight people are not making a fuss over this. It is the Gay community that is making the fuss. They want everyone to agree that what they do is ok with evrybody or they will start a fuss to try and try and make you except their situation.

With that said, I will be eating much more often at Chik Fil A than I used to because I support the CEO's stance on Marriage and his right to have that stance and not be persicuted by people of the Gay community. Plus his food is excellent and the service is second to none. It was this way before the fuss started and remains that way.

If two guys or gals want to live together as a couple, so be it. As long as I do not have to deal with it in any manner. I feel it's just plain common sense wrong.

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight, you are ok with what "nature" itself can't support.

So being your ok with that, how are you going to feel about marriage between say a horse,cow,cats and dogs, oh ya don't forget sheep and goats??

There is a segment in the queer community "pushing" this forward, now that the "sheep" have accepted "same sex marriage" as OK.

Oops! I have forgotten, "if it feels good do it" and "we are Adults" and "If they Love one another, who should keep them apart" LIFE is so easy without "absolutes"!

5. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

What happens if pedophiles come out of the closet expressing their sexual proclivities in public and demanding equal rights. Don't forget that in some cultures children are given in marriage as adolescents

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under GOD, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Robert

6. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I did add, as a caveat: "if said beliefs are not mandating illegal and dangerous activities as specified by law, both civil and criminal and at all levels of jurisdiction......"

Ergo, pedofiles who act upon their predilections are doing something we can rationally view as dangerous and legally, in most jurisdictions, as illegal.

And I can't, resisit adding, with levity, marrying an animal is, by default, a felonly due to animal cruelty laws. I think Clint Eastwood alluded to that in it was, let's see, "The Gauntlet"...or maybe another movie.

I do think we all have "bigger fish to fry" and which with to be concerned; from the economy, environment, gun rights, energy independence, drilling for oil responsibly, our crumbling infra structure ad naseum. And I should hope that earnest and "law-abiding" citizens of all persuasions along all dimensions in our great country, not our "perfect" great country, join in to make the USA a better place for our descendants.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

DELETED - MODERATOR

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Great publicity for Chick A Fil. Remember the movie, "The Mouse that Roared"? Become a victim and yell about, then reap the benefits.

So maybe this whole thing was a win-win overall. Ironic, yes. Good? Perhaps yes.

9. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

DELETED - MODERATOR

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

Chango,

Los Angeles?

Ok, which defense contractor are you Corporate HR Diversity Director for?

Lol.

11. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

buzz-gun:

Good one!

I should be so lucky!!....actually I am a retired manufacturer of authentic replicas of antique replicas.

12. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I don't get it- why would anyone make replicas of replicas?

13. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

....'cause some replicas are very old. I may share this with Steven Wright.

14. buster45

buster45 Active Member

Freedom of speech as long as you don't disagree with them.

Buster

15. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Good one Buster, But I have a problem with that. Anybody who doesn't agree with me is, ergo, un-American and needs to be taught a lesson.

16. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

But why not make a replica of the original, rather than another replica?

17. Firewater

Firewater Member

DELETED - MODERATOR

18. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Freedom= agreeing we all have the absolute right to disagree

19. oz

oz Active Member

chick a fil???? don't you mean chick fil a?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.