1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Support Illinois Controlled Pheasant Hunting!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Luckyman, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

I just got off the phone in Springfield.....If you would like to see the Controlled Pheasant hunting program alive please send an e-mail to:

sam.flood@Illinois.gov

Their is someone in Springfield that see's raising pheasant to shoot is inhumane!!! So is raising chickens for KFC right? Please send an e-mail to Sam to show your support as he is the voice of the sportsman in this case....Tell everyone you know to send an e-mail to show support for such a great program and keep these anti-sportsman liberals at bay!!

BTW....The guy that wants to end this Rod Blogojovic, has never once visited a sate park in Illinois and that is a fact!!! What a joke! That is why we have state parks with no one working at them! The guy at the top doesn't care about the outdoors or sportsman for that matter!

2. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

3. Keith Uffelmann

Keith Uffelmann Member

WSRC is an Illinois state park. The governor, Rod Blog, was there for the grand opening at the first US Open. I doubt that he has been back. It may be true that he is not a visitor to other state facilities. One of the biggest suprises as far as I am concerned, as an Illinois resident of over 40 yrs, is that the State of Illinois spent the millions of dollars it did to build the WSRC. I live in Joliet, IL in Will County which is a collar county to Chicago and Mayor Richard M. Daley. Having admitted that, I am NOT a fan of any of Chicago or Cook County's anti-gun proposals.

It takes a major effort for the Illinois State Rifle Assn (ISRA) to challenge each assault by the anti-gun factions. They do an excellent job of keeping the public informed.

4. Kent

Kent TS Member

What do you consider a controlled hunt? Pheasants are not indiginous in Southern Illinois. The only ones I've ever seen down here were escapees from the many pay to hunt sites we have. Farm raised and almost tame birds are sure fun to hunt.

5. SNelson

SNelson Member

What is the Status of the Controlled Pheasant Hunting. I read on Shooting Sportsman board in the Spring of the attack and of the meetings that were scheduled with State Reps. I wasn't able to make any meetings on short notice but did write my State Senator and State Representative. Did not hear anything back on my e mails, have not heard anything on the subject until here and now. What is the status? I will write Sam Flood and encourage others to do the same.
    Scott R Nelson

6. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Thanks Scott....I sent this to Sam this morning! Tell everyone you know....The IL Dems have tried to keep this under wraps until it's too late so let's get the word out on what they are trying to do! Our Governor is a crook and he will get his soon!

Good morning Sam!

I am sending this e-mail this morning as I am extremely disturbed by the recent news about discontinuing the Controlled Pheasant Hunting Program here in Illinois. How can a self funding program that is solely funded by the participants themselves be eliminated? Our licenses pay for the salaries and provide all of the funding for the propagation of the birds? How does the budget money that comes out of the pockets of the sportsman get redistributed by people that do not value programs such as this? Isn't that stealing? From what I understand, it is a fact that our Governor has never set foot in an Illinois State Park! I spoke to a good friend that camps at our state parks and he recently noticed they were unattended due to lack of funding! To eliminate a program like controlled Pheasant Hunting will put further strain on a budget that is already strained being and stolen from by people that don't value hunting rights or our state parks for that matter!

You will see the following domino effect happen if this program is suspended.....State license sales will drop because their won't be as many people purchasing licenses because their will be even fewer places to hunt which will further reduce budgets for State Wildlife Programs and Parks which will further deteriorate due to lack of funding required for the employees needed to service those facilities....Also, all of the people that were working at those facilities are now going to be reallocated to programs that are not self funded further putting a strain on the general budget. It will be the beginning of the end!!!! I cannot stress the importance of keeping such a program alive and what it will mean to the future of our Hunting Rights here in Illinois and the State Park and Wildlife Conservation areas that have become such a big part of our lives.....We cannot let people that do not value Hunting, Wildlife Conservation areas and our State Parks in general to take those away from the people that do!

7. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

8. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

9. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.