1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SuperXJeff/please.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by superxjeff, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I have a wire installed in my barrels. I have Dr. phil put mine in and I think he charges 35.00 for the service. It's nice becasue it doesn't mess up teh finish on teh side of your shotgun. T&S shell catchers made a small run of the clip on the side jobs but they really only fit the earlier models well. The reciever thickness was diffrent after a certain point in production and I am sorry but I am not sure what serial number range all that changed. I suspect if your serial number is less the 40,000 or so you are probley safe. The bolt handle needs to be filed so it will clear the plastic T&S shell catcher. that takes about 10 passes with a file. Trust me if I can do it, you can do it. The other option is to allow the good people at NU-Line guns to sell you a bolt handle cleared to work with the T&S shell catcher. they only want 40.00 plus freight for one. I use a factory shell deflecter when I don't want to pick up my cases and I install the wire when I want to keep them. It's just a much cleaner, nicer job then the shell catcher that may not work even if you do buy one depending on the serial number. Jeff

2. oldcop

oldcop Member

Forgive my ignorance, SuperXJeff, but could you give me a contact for Dr. Phil? I may want to do the wire procedure on a barrel of mine....thank you.

3. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

A little off the the topic of this thread but I need some sx-1 info. Curious if anyone knows are any of the currently manufactured magazine tube extensions compatable with the sx-1. I know an sx-2 and 870 extension aren't. Maybe a win 1300? need one for nusence spring snow goose season any help would be appreciated

4. oldcop

oldcop Member

bump for wire question....

5. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I conferred with Stu Wright about having the wire shell catcher installed on my Super X-1. He did not recommend them due to the fact that it's his feelings that the part of the barrel where the holes are drilled becomes weak and could break. I just had him install his "Competition" ejection spring that is much stronger than the factory spring. This supposedly keeps the empty hulls from flying into the next county. I will know more this afternoon, when I come back from the range. However, I will have to pick up my hulls. Oh well, my gut needs some exercise. Ed

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I too was interested in a wire and who would be recommended to do it. I have 2 superX1's. I put a TS catcher on one of them and did have to notch the bolt handle so it slid past the catcher. TS said there were some frame changes at one time and their catcher wouldn't fit all frames. The bad thing....the catcher is scratching the frame and damaging the blueing, so I don't want to put one on my "almost new" frame and scratch it. Right now I have one of those funky slide wire jobs, with 2 way tape on it. Looks wierd and works about 70% of the time.

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I am aware of how Stu feels about the situation but I have never had a problem and I fail to see how a couple of tiny holes can have a negative effect but maybe that is why Stu is a gunsmith and a damn good one and I am not! Phil isn't worrie about it nor is a plethara of other smiths and I have never had any trouble so I will continue to do so.Even with due respect to Stu's advice. It;s trie about Stu's magunm spring.. The shell will fall right at your feet. I am just in a habit of either letting them fly or picking them up. I just do not like cases falling at my feet, Jeff

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Jeff, Who and where is Dr Phil? A previous post and others would like a contact for wire catcher installation.

9. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

Jeff, sent you an email about the mag extension did you get it? winchesterm12@hotmail.com or the address above I'll take it, just send me the details I can send payment or paypal it to you

Thanks
    Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.