1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SuperX-1 Help!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AAtrap, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Just returned from a gun show and ran across an unfired X-1. Monte carlo stock, no screw in the rib,beautiful wood,no scroll on the receiver. SN 889xx. This gun was purchased at a sale in K.C. from the Winchester museum. It has the hanging tag, but I pointed out to the seller that it was not the correct box (turly believe he didn't know,said that's what it was in when he purchased it. Box is for a 28" field model.

Price he had on the gun was 1295.00. Said he would take 1000.00 for it. I guess my question is;if I purchase the gun and shoot it (don't own guns I haven't shot) what do I have besides a good used SX-1? Any "helpful" input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance-----Steve

P.S. have about two hrs. to make up my mind ###@@##&&&.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

A nice $650 shotgun....field model receiver. Don't understand the MC stock, probably has a 28" bbl??? sounds like it might have been assembled from parts.

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I agree with BigM.. $1295 is way overpriced. If the seller thinks the gun should bring anywhere near the $1295 asking price; it doesn't pay to even make an offer. He sure don't want to sell it very bad. Ed

4. Shooterpoke

Shooterpoke TS Member

With the 88K serial number range, this is what I like to call a "clean-up" gun. This was one of the very last ones made. My guess is that it has a gold plated trigger and a full choke barrel, not full trap choke, even though it has trap wood.

5. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

I agree with most everything Big M has to say about that particular Super-X except the price. It seems in this area, a used field model Super-X in 95% condition, would bring about $650-700. But since that one is an unfired virgin in about as close as one can get to a factory new gun......Well, that might bring the price up and if that were the original box that would bring the price up even more say 20-25%.

There are some of us that would pay absolutely tip top dollar for a virgin like my Model 12 Trap, in the original box and never assembled. You don’t want a gun that you cannot use, so the value to you isn’t worth the extra “virgin” price.

6. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Thanks,guys for the honest answers. I may have screwed up (not the first time),but it's mine for 950.00. Still has the factory oil,grease inside the action. I'm one of those PIA's someone mentined in an earlier thread who doesn't post pictures on here, but if someone would like to see it, let me know and i'll e-mail some pictures as soon as I get some taken. Headed outside with it now.
    Thanks,
    Steve

7. BigM-Perazzi

Make sure you put in a new buffer before firing as the one in the gun is probably brittle and will damage the receiver. Lube up the tube and enjoy it. They were made to be shot...

Jim C.

8. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Shooterpoke, you are correct about the gold plated trigger. Jim, it does have a 30 in. bbl and thanks for answering my next question before I asked about repacing the buffer. It really does have super nice wood. Thanks again,guys.

Steve

9. Alpha_Three_Niner

Alpha_Three_Niner TS Member

AATRAP-
    Congrat's on your purchase. As a serious collector of the SX-1, can you tell me your serial number greater than 88951?

You can e-mail me directly at XXXAlpha_Three_Niner@Yahoo.comXXX

10. BigM-Perazzi

Actually, to temper your possible disappointment, the non-engraved receivers are in greater demand now just for that reason, engraving!!!

11. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for the info. I'm slowly learning. By-the-way, Old One Eye, do you still have that Mod. 12 stock with the adjustable comb that(I believe it was you)posted some time back?

Thanks,

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

www889xxxcom