1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

superstar traps opinions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ken Brandt, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken Brandt

Ken Brandt Active Member

Don;

If you contact Dale Stockdale he can tell you whatever you need to know. He is a super star dealer. His website is above.

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Don.. Our club has four of the Super Star singles/doubles machines. Two of them also have the wobble option. These are great traps, throw excellent targets, very easy to adjust, virtually no breakdowns, and maintainance is a breeze. After shooting off both Pat Traps and Super Strar Traps, I will take a Super Star every time.....Just my opinion.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

Our Super Star (single/double/wobble) has over 300,000 birds across it so far and we had to replace a clutch and a couple of arms (because of the clutch)last year we are very happy with it.
    --- Chip King ---

4. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

We, Manheim Sportsmen’s Association have two GMV Superstar trap machines. The one machine was installed in 2002, another in 2004. (could be wrong on the dates, going from memory)

The older machine has thrown over 275,000+ targets. We have not had any problems with either machine.

We have been pleased with the Superstar through the years.

Maintenance/cleaning the machines are very easy. We remove the magazine for cleaning, grease/oil as required, replace O-ring on the rolers as required.

Target presentation is an easy adjustment and change over to doubles and back to singles is very easy.

Again, you won’t go wrong with the GMV Superstar. Yes, there are other automatic trap machines and when properly set up will throw good targets, our preference was the Superstar.

Don, not knowing where you are from, if doable I would give you a demo on the Superstar.

We purchased our machines form Shyda’s Service Inc. You can check them out at the URL above. (disclaimer, I have no ties to Shyda’s)

Frank

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Yucca, By your name I suspect that you are in the Southwest, or wannabe. We are in the Northeast and bought 8 stars from Dale Stockdale. You will not find a better person to deal with and he certainly is well versed in the operation of the machine for throwing a great target. We have one of the Wobble featured traps and wish we had a second. The wobble changes back to regular function just as easily as the plain machine. The wobble feature is worth the extra money in my opinion for fun shooting in the off months. We also have Seth Politi using it for his training in the International game. There is not any other machine on the market that is as flexible and changes so easily from one game to another. Good luck, Bob

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Harlan Campbell Jr. told me when he attended his first Pennsylvania State Shoot in 2000 that the doubles he shot off the PSSA's GMV ATMs were the best he'd ever seen.

Ed

7. chipking

chipking TS Member

yuccaknob : For any machine you adjust to throw legal targets PERIOD. You cannot compensate for wind or you would have someone living in the trap house. Doubles should come out at the correct angle from center and speed with no tilt or flair to the birds or height differences between the left and right bird all else is in Gods hands

--- Chip King ---

8. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Sorry Chip, but I would like to think that there is a great difference between "Legal" and GOOD targets. I believe that is where a lot of some of the foolishness or to use Neil's term (fruit fly)threads get started on this forum. People who work hard at setting good targets are very appreciative of the efforts of others and try to help them in their efforts to obtain quality targets in the air. Some days that is harder to do than others, but you can, with a little effort, compensate for some wind conditions. Shoot well and often. Good luck with your new GMV, you won't regret it. Bob

9. chipking

chipking TS Member

Bob you are 100% correct there is a very large difference between a legal target and a good target. A legal target is always legal and a good target depends on who is shooting, which direction the wind is blowing, how grey the sky is, how green the trees are etc.

--- Chip King ---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gmv trap machine training