1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Superposed w/ 32" barrels W/OUT broadway rib??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Superposed w/ 32

Did browning ever make the superposed with 32" barrels that did not have the broadway rib? The only ones i've seen had the wide rib, which I hate. Just curious

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Superposed w/ 32

they will make any configuration you want if you've got the $$'s...lots of them!!

3. skeet_man

Superposed w/ 32

I'm not interested in having one made, just curious if they ever came from the factory that way back when they were popular. Must have been a short run or a limited # of years, b/c in all my searching i've yet to find one.

4. fri

fri Member

Superposed w/ 32

SKEET MAN. YES. BROWNING HAD MADE THE SUPERPOSED GUN WITH THE NARROW RIB IN 32 INCH LENGTHS. THEY ARE VERY HARD TO FIND. THEY MADE THIS STYLE UP UNTIL THE SECOND WORLD WAR .THEY DISCONTINUED THE NARROW RIB ON THE LONG BARRELS AFTER THE FACTORY WAS LEVELED BY THE GERMANS. ALL OF THE GUNS WERE PREWAR. THEY ALSO MADE A TOP RIB THAT HAD A STEP CALLED A "NON CROSS FIRE RIB" ALSO IN 32 IN LENGTH. THEY ARE VERY COLLECTABLE AND WOUNDERFULL TO SHOOT.

FRITZ

5. skeet_man

Superposed w/ 32

Well that explains it. Thanks for the info! guessing they'd go for alot more money than i'd ever want to pay LOL. Probably cheaper to buy a broadway and have simmons re-rib it if one wanted one with 32" narrow rib badly enough./

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Superposed w/ 32

Yep and I wouldnt expect they go for more -- I have seen them sell for less

not sure what the "experts" will say about that though

regards from Iowa

Gene

7. tomaso

tomaso Member

Superposed w/ 32

while i do not have the experience of others here the 32" superposed with narrow rib has been uncommon but not rare here in NY, PA, NJ. i have been offered two in the last few years. both were pigeon grade. the last was a Browning repaired salt-wood gun and so clearly postwar. the first was also 1960's vintage. i am awake enough to remember them but was not smart enough to buy them. tmc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.