1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Superposed Rib Repair

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SevenMaryThree, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

A friend of mine recently inherited a 1954 12 ga. Browning Superposed from his grandfather's estate. It's in really great shape for the most part, but I suspect it may have had been re-blued at some point in its' history.

It's a field gun, but it's choked tight and tighter and patterns 90/10 with every shooter who picked it up. I guess Grandpa shot trap. the barrel shows evidence of having the cones lengthened as well.

The rib has come loose at the most rearward point where it is attached to the barrel near the chambers. We shot it some, and I felt the play in the rib increase after a modest round count of 50 or so shells.

My friend would like to have the rib repaired. We are in Arizona. The Browning approved service center list is a joke...he'd like someone who can do the job correctly, understanding that it may mean re-bluing the barrels with a rust blue.

Any suggestions?
  2. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Simmons in KC does those all the time

They reblue the barrel as well

Regards from Iowa

Gene
  3. mixer

mixer Active Member

Try Art's at the link above. Browning experts.

Eric
  4. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Active Member

Art's or Midwest Gun Works. Both in Missouri.
  5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

Simmons in KC as suggested above,

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
  6. MOP

MOP Member

Phillip Crenwelge at Phillip's Gun Repair will do it for a reasonable price. He has a website.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.