1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SuperPosed or XT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by turbobike, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbobike

turbobike Member

Looking to purchase a O/U...$2000-2200 range narrowed my choices to a Superposed Trap or XT what is the better choice..ie quality, craftsmanship etc.
    I do plan on adding an adjustable comband/or recoil reducer.
    Discuss!

2. showdawg

showdawg TS Member

XT Hands down

Showdawg

3. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I agree. As a current production shotgun, the XT takes the edge in my mind.

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The Superposed was a fine gun in its day but they had problems with misfires and ribs coming loose. I would buy an XT.

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I know it's not one of your choices, but a 682 would fill the bill nicely. The upside is you could add a single barrel (top or unsingle) on down the line and not have to purchase a new gun to do it.

Between the two you mentioned the XT will probably have a better stock fit, and a little easier to sell on down the line when you want a combo.

ss

6. traedawg

traedawg TS Member

I agree the 682 Is a beautifully crafted gun. shoots like a champ

7. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

Superposed their chokes are superior in my mind.

8. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

My Superposed ST-100 has upwards of 35K rounds through it. No misfires. Love the mechanical triggers. The roll pin holding the floating rib broke last year....bought a new roll pin at my autoparts store for 11 cents...took 10 seconds to install.The gun has unaltered bore choked IM F and smokes both doubles targets...best gun investment I ever made....JMHO

9. showdawg

showdawg TS Member

How in the heck does a 682 ( doorstop) get brought into this? The man asked about a XT or Superposed!! geez

Showdawg

10. Hawgduo

Hawgduo Member

I've got a used xt for sale that is the prettiest wood I've seen on one. It has adj. comb and 32" barrels, and I can beat the hell out of $2000. Email me if interested and I can send pics, or call me at (406)452-0094 and we will talk.

11. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

I have used my XT for two years now. I am very familiar with the Superposed, and I like the Broadway Trap model, but I would pick the XT over the Superposed without question...better stock (adjustable), better ribs, heavier build quality (I believe the XT is stronger...some may disagree), easier takedown and cleaning, adjustable chokes, etc.

bluedsteel

12. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

OKAY, HAWG

Out with the pics. Most of these guns have great wood. We old heads LOVE good wood. LOL

As a long time shooter and gunsmith who used to collect and shoot the Belgian Supers, by all means, go with the XT. Best gun for the money. :^)

13. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

I second the Superposed ST100. It is a variation of the usual Superposed and the rib design does away with the concern of the the rib coming detached from the barrel. Very well made.

14. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

OU.3200....most of the ST-100's had excsptional wood on them too...only improvment I'd like would be 32" bbls....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.