1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Superbowl Commercial:VERY disappointed in Clint.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Don Steele, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

When we saw that Chrysler commercial, the girlfriend and I BOTH immediately saw it for what it is...an Obama Campaign ad, paid for by US taxpayer dollars.
    VERY disappointed that Clint Eastwood let himself be used as such a tool.

2. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

'The Devil's greatest achievement was convincing the world that he does not exist'.

Kip

3. JohnBT

JohnBT TS Member

How do you figure the ad was paid for with taxpayer money?

Fiat is running Chrysler, so I assume Fiat paid the bills. They took it over after Cerberus Capital lost control (the same folks who own Remington, Marlin, etc. under the Freedom Group division name.) The man running Fiat is about as sharp as they come and he will, I think, turn it around.

Mr. Eastwood is an actor and director. Those were roles he played in those movies. At least he donated his fee for the ad to charity.

john

4. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Mr. Eastwood is also a REPUBLICAN ! Actually thought about being asked to run as Vice President with Bush no. 1. I took it as an ad for Chrysler and the rebound of Detroit very similiar to the EMINM ad last Superbowl. Of course I'm not a paranoid like Karl Rove. Paranoia !!!!!!!!

blade819

5. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Yes, but for all the "Love America" sentiment, CHRYSLER IS A FOREGIN CAR COMPANY!
    It has been since 2000!

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yeah, I was embarrassed for poor Clint. Unlike most of Hollywood, I always liked and respected Eastwood. It's sad that his mind has deteriorated to the point where he doesn't even recognize when he's being used. Somebody in his family needs to take over his affairs and protect him so he can live out his last few years with some dignity.

-Gary

7. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

NBC 'newz' tonite credited Michele Malkin with spinning the 'Obama ad' interpretation of the Chrysler commercial.

Why do I need an interpreter for a TV sales spot? I would more likely favor Clint Eastwood than neo-con spokesbabe.

8. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

We should all be very proud of the automotive industrys comeback.....after all, we the taxpayers only lost $14 billion in that deal.

Additionally, the Obama administration rigged the bankruptcy and bypassed 20 years of legal prescedent by stiffing the faithful bondholders, (left with nothing) and giving ownership to their political cronies as payback. (AKA: UAW)

Government is stealing it out from under us one piece at a time. More smoke, mirrors and lies.

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.

10. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I have to agree with the Hmmmm????? The world is full of crybabies, mostly in the media and government. I wonder how many politicians bought Fiat stock before they took over Chrysler. I have no disappointments with Clint (except for using Sondra Locke in a few of his movies).

John

11. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the (Hmmmm) link Stl Flyn.... unfortunately those yay hoos who are determined to hate the President while blaming him for everything which may include the ending of the world next December 21, probably won't read the link that you referenced.

blade819

12. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I didn't get the impression that Eastwood was making a pro Obama pitch at all - nor do I think he would do that in any event. But I did like his message of beliving in the will and abilities of his country. A little pep talk in these trying times is a very good thing - even if it really a car commercial. Hell I might even look at a Crysler product sometime.

If Clint Eastwood is a commie I guess I am too .....

Or would it be better to sit around and whine about what hopless loosers we are and its all the fault of the guy in the oval office.

13. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Prior to them throwing Chrysler logo/pitch in there, what did it sound like he was talking about? The first and second half of a football game? Yeah, sure.

Poor ol' Clint must have been hurtin' for cash, can't imagine he has old-timers. Maybe Sondra won her lawsuit.

14. JohnBT

JohnBT TS Member

"Poor ol' Clint must have been hurtin' for cash"

Didn't read the thread or watch the nightly news, did you? He donated his fee to charity.

The chairman of Fiat/Chrysler (Fiat took control in 2009 from the American group Cerberus Capital) said, and I'll paraphrase - 'I from Italy and it was a car commercial'

I swear, some of y'all are freaking clueless. Sheesh.

15. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

I hate my Signature Series 2007 Town & Country, but I liked the commercial. It was a good pep talk as mentioned above... A person can read a lot into anything... Take that same speech of his and insert FORD vehicles, it would be an overall winner.

Regardless, the message is the same.

16. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

johngalt_2011_120627.jpg

17. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Yep, I'm sure Tokie got stuck in Lodi.

18. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Hmmm.
    mixer_2008_030392.jpg

19. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Well, I liked it. At least it was somewhat effective - it got a lot of people talking about Chrysler. I also think more people watched it and listened to it intently because at first, you couldn't tell what company it was about.

If you haven't driven a 2011 or 2012 Chrysler product, you should. Fiat wanted to shed the red-headed step-child image that Diamler-Benz had for Chrysler and made the interiors much nicer, freshened some styling and installed powertrains that have power, deliver good fuel economy and, according to dealership technicians with whom I've spoken, hold up well. And buyers have five years or 100,000 miles of powertrain protection just in case.

I drive all kinds of cars and trucks every day, sometimes for 500 and 600 miles at a time. I was impressed enough by the recent-production Chrysler products I've driven to buy one two weeks ago.

Ed

20. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Dangit Galt, we see eye to eye again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.