1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super x1 pattern

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wayneo, May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Went out yesterday to pattern the super x1 trap I picked up last week. I shot 1 1/8oz. and 1oz. loads of AA, Gun Clubs, and Estates from a bench rest. All the 2 3/4 DR.EQ. loads shot about 6in. high at 35 yards with pretty good pattern density about 70% in a 30in. circle. But when I shot the 3 Dram loads it shot a little flatter about 4in. high, and the pattern density went up to 85%! Wow, so much for lower velosity shells with this gun. Does this sound about right for a Super x1 trap? Thanks, Wayne

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Wayne are you guessing about the density or counting holes? At 35 yards I would expect at least 85% and maybe more. Many sx-1's I have patterned shoot over 85% at 42 yards. Has the choke been opened perhaps? Premium trget loads through a factory Sx-1 Trap full choke shoyld do close to 92 to 95% at 35 yards. Jeff

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Counted the holes, averaged 400 hits with the 1 1/8 #8-3DR. loads. It was pretty windy yesterday, don't know if that had any effect. Its going to be a nicer day tomorrow, I'm going to try it again with STSs and Federal loads. With a dial indicater the choke measures 0.692. Thanks, Wayne

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Thats a tight full choke becaus ethe bore should mic between 732 and 740. Many people don't realize that the SX-1 was one of the first guns to have a larger bore from the factory. Standard was .720 to 724 in the days they were producing the sx-1's. I suspect you will get very near the same results with the STS that you do the AA's. Just for fun I would count an STS shell for pellet count. Then you can get a true % rather then taking it from a chart. Batches of shot vary. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.