1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

super X1 bolt dissasembly......need it quick

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SD duck, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SD duck

SD duck TS Member

I hope to use this honey again ASAP. first 50 at trap broke 49.
    Then she fell...hard...no apparent damage??? Would not open...had to rap firmly with wooden hammer to open. My question is..how do I get the bolt out to inspect for damage? No time to buy a manual. I'd really appreciate any instruction on how to get the bolt out.
    Thanks so much for any replies.

2. OhioBob

OhioBob TS Member

Remove bolt handle.....remove trigger retaining pin....remove trigger assy.

Recoil spring and follower that goes into buttstock needs to be compressed a little bit so that you can lift the bolt fork up and out of the receiver. I use a screwdriver to hold a little pressure on the follower while lifting the bolt fork up with an o-ring hook tool, but a piece of stiff wire would work as well.

After fork is free...slide bolt to rear of receiver and lift straight up carefully.

Pretty simple really...hope this helps.

Bob

3. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I suspect that the bolt fork was jarred out of the follower when it fell. This would prevent the bolt from opening all the way. Hopefully, you did not bend the fork when you used the wooden hammer.

4. SD duck

SD duck TS Member

Those are the best replies that I could ask for. Thanks guys, we are back in action. I must say that I really like the fit and feel of the X1. I've been shooting Berettas and Remingtons up to now (40 years). I got the X1 just to have one. Super gun !!

5. sharhope

sharhope Member

You might want to replace the bolt buffer whilst you are at it It is often deteriorated in the super x 1

6. Joe H

Joe H TS Member

Is the SuperX 1 different from the SuperX? If you send me an email, I can send you a copy of the SuperX manual.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.