1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super X1 barrel - size of gas holes?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gunner, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunner

gunner TS Supporters TS Supporters

Does anyone know the correct size of the 2 gas ejection holes in an SX1 barrel? I just purchased an extra barrel that doesn't eject very well (stovepipes). When I compare it to another barrel, the holes look smaller. I can stick a 1/16" diameter drill bit into them, but a 5/64" diameter won't go. (5/64 won't go into the "good" barrel either - at least twisting by hand). The holes don't appear to be plugged with residue, just drilled smaller.
    Anyone else had this problem - if so, what how did you resolve? Can they be drilled "at home", or send to someone like NuLine?
    Thanks - Tommy

2. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Tom,

The person to ask is Stu Wright.1/618/357/8933.He does a lot of SuperX 1 work along with Model 12 and other brands as well.
    Sandy.

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Tom, Does the bolt seem to open normally by hand? The issue may be with the recoil spring in the stock. As Sandy said Stu is an excellent source for them. It may be easier to get him by e-mail. Phone call won't hurt, they're nice people to work with. Good luck, Bob

4. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Bob Hawkes,I have a question for you.I will reply with question to your adress. Thanx, Sandy.

5. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Trap and field barrel ports are .073

Skeet and improved cylinder barrels are .076

Tom Strunk

6. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Please do not drill out that barrel. It is rare, if non-existant, that the problem is gas port diameter.

There are a variety of other reasons to look at first for pukey ejections.

1. How's your o-ring.
    2. As mentioned, how's your recoil spring
    3. Common issue....barrel are NOT always interchangable without a little gunsmithing. I have barrels that fit great in one receiver/bolt assmbly and is tight and won't eject well in another. Yes, you can swap parts between guns, but not always without a little gunsmith tweaking.

Many things to look at and do before I would take a drill to these out of manufacture barrels!

Stephen

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

What if you install a magnum recoil Spring? I know we did it on my trap gun, but I don't remember if we enlarged the ports? It signifcantly reduced the recoil, and it still cycles 1oz loads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

super x 1 gas port diameter