1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

super x trigger help

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by sterlingworth, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

0   0   0

Ok guys,I have a super X1 winchester,I like the gun,the only thing the trigger pull has to be about 8lbs,just way to hard.Who is the best person to get to work on it? I want it done right,and safely.Any help would be welcome,thanks in advance,,,RayB

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Two names come to mind ... Stu Wright ( http://www.wrightsgunsmiths.com/ ) and Steve Fischer (I'd have to search for his contact information). Bill Malcolm

3. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

0   0   0

If it's one of the older first stage triggers, it can be adjusted with the allen screw on the inside. Make sure you put low strength locktite on it when you find out where you want it set.

Ajax

4. sterlingworth

0   0   0

Thanks Ajax I will check that today. Ray

5. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Ernest Marlette
    1410 Irving Street
    Winston-Salem, NC 27103
    M (336) 456-1818
    B (336) 761-0433
    marlettebuilders@hotmail.com
    http://www.marlettefinearms.com/gunsmithing.htm

Ernest is one of the finest trigger guys, particularly K-80 and SX-1, you will find anywhere. Honest as the day is long and a committed perfectionist. I, and many others, highly recommend him.

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

First take a look and see if your hammer spring appears to have another spring inside of it. This is the early hammer spring system and causes the trigger to have a horrible pull. This may be as easy as replacing the hammer spring with the newer style which is just one spring instead of a spring within a spring.

This is a common problem with the early triggers and only requres a new spring.

LEAVE THE ALLEN HEAD SCREW ALONE! THE TRIGGER WAS MEANT TO BE ADJUSTED AT THE FACTORY. Screwing with the allan head is dicey at best and WILL NOT FIX THE PROBLEM.

Think about it. The factory sent them out with nice trigger pulls and nobody is going to adjust it to make it heavy. Just look at the spring issue before you wind up with a trigger that at best isn't safe and at worst provides you with a full auto shotgun. I have seen all above when people mess with the adjustable Trigger model sx-1. Good luck. Jeff

7. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

To Sterlingworth: I do full service on SX-1's, and can do a trigger job on your trigger to get it pull weight down and manageable.

Steve Fischer Gunsmithing
    4235 sw 75 Ave.
    Miami Fl. 33155
    305-261-1820

8. sterlingworth

0   0   0

Steve: Would I nave to ship you the whole gun,or could I just send the trigger assembly. If I have to ship the whole thing,how would have to go about it? Thank you for your time ..RayB

9. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

All I need is your complete trigger assembly. The post office is usually the quickest and safest way to ship.

Let me know if I can be of service.

Steve

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Take him up on his offer, sterlingworth.....

11. sterlingworth

0   0   0

Steve: I will have it in tomorrows mail.When I pulled out the trigger,a little pin fell out the left side and the little bar on the left popped up,the gun is used and I have no idea what was done to it,also is there supposed to be no over travel in this unit,seem's odd.Well do what you have to. Thank you very much ..Ray B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.