1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super x Model 1 Mag Tube

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rjk2475, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjk2475

rjk2475 TS Member

i have a sx1 done by the late Bob Baumgart. the chrome tube is begining to dull and feel alitle rough under the gas ports. how much of a concern is this? what currently manufactured gas gun feels and fuctions like the sx1 for replacement?

thank you

2. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Sportshot......a Kickeez -10 size pad (any series) will add about 3/8" . Use your white factoy spacer with it for a little more. If you use your factory screws, you can use the existing screw holes in your stock.

Ken Rucker

3. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

No one that really knows what he's doing sands a pad on the stock!!! There are MANY better(and safer!) ways to do it. Most stocksmiths you see on here will have the pads in stock and will install them for you for a reasonable price.

Ken

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

chemclayn Just to make it very clear. The magazine tube on your sx-1 is easily replaceable. It is not like an 1100 that is welded in place. It just screws into the reciever. If the chrome is flaking off you can indeed turn the tube around as the threads are the same on both ends. If you don't want to mess with that I would buy an Stainless Steel magazine tube and be done with it. Once you have the stainless steel tube installed you will not need to replace it again. Call Wrights in Illinois as they have them in stock. I don't know the price but I am pretty sure they are less then 50.00 dollars. Jeff P/S Wrights number is 618-357-8933

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Only on guns I have purchased Charlie. I usally put a new pin only when they break but on new guns I will often replace most of the springs as well as the firing pin and the bolt buffer. I have guns with the stainless steel magazine tube but I really don't use them very often. The original is good for lots of shooting if you keep it clean. As has been said, if it becomes pitted you can turn it around and use the other end as long as it isn't too badly pitted. It all depends on how much time you want to spend cleaning your gun. A STAINLESSS steel mag tube will take a whole bunch of abuse. Jeff

6. rjk2475

rjk2475 TS Member

still alittle confused as to when the chrome tube needs turned. mine's not flaking just looking somewhat dull and not as smooth. cycling is fine. i get somewhat obsessive -compulsive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.