1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**Super-X Jeff-----Question**

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bvr Tail, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Jeff, or anyone with the information,,,

A friend has a Super-X Model 1, and he would like to know the year of production.

Serial no. is 158xx. Winchester said they have no information on production dates, but I thought you might know.

Thanks in advance

Danny

2. chuckles

chuckles Member

Danny, Jeff is presently involved in a cross country road trip, Oregon to Pennsylvania at 55 MPH, I don't think he is back yet .....

So I will relate what I know...Winchester made approximately 90000 SX1's between 1974 and 1981 and a few special custom shop guns between 1981 and 1984.... all absolute and detailed records are long gone.

Simple math and dividing 7 years of production into 90000 guns is in the range of 12800 guns per year, give or take...so your friends gun would be maybe the 2nd year of production...

Field grade guns for hunting were, by far, the most popular Super X Model 1 followed by Skeet models then Trap models.

Collectors and followers don't really put too much of a premium on the year of production but rather the overall condition of the gun and the quality of wood on the gun...

Check out my website, you may find some additional information there...

Hope the info helps...

regards

Chuck

3. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Thanks Chuck, I'll relay the information. I saw the gun for the first time Tuesday night. It is a really clean field grade, and he found a super nice skeet barrel for it from Steve at Indiana Gun Club.

One of the slickest actions I have seen!

Thanks again

Danny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.