1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super X Jeff I've got a questiion?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jdlovejoy4, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

Hey Jeff if you can take a look at this super x I just bought and tell me if you think it was a good deal. Go to the Cabela's gun library and click on target guns. Scroll the the bottom and take a look,it's the last one on the page. Thanks Josh

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Hi Josh, You did great as long as you do not mind the short full choke barrel. I can't tell from the pictures if the reciever is a target reciever or not? The wood was not done by Winchester which makes me tend to think it is a field grade action that had a 28 inch full choke barrel and the guny added a 26 inch I>C and put a Cutts on it. If it turns out you do not like the wood I have a ton and we could trade if you want as I have alwaqys wanted a palmn swell and the wood that was built for your gun has one.All in all it will depend on the barrels as the trigger is an early style trigger which is not desirable to some folks. Bottom line? You didn't get hurt a bit even if you paid full price. I am serious about the wood as I like the look of the palmn swell. Jeff

3. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

Thanks for the input Jeff. I have a Trap model at home with the 30
    inch trap full barrel. (In case I don't like that short full choke.) the wood is the main reason I bought it, but if I don't like it you will be the first to know. I never have had a palm swell so I'm not sure I'll like it. Just wondering about the trigger, what makes the early ones less desireable? Thanks again. Josh

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

They can strip out do to the adjustment screw. The biggest problem with them is the hammer springs and fixing that is as easy as replacing the two part hammer spring with the new spring which is only 1 part( 1-spring). They would tend to bind on each other and could cause a heavy trigger pull. Like I say.. Just replace the spring if it hasn't alreay been done. The wood is Anton (I think) as I have several Anton stocks that have that exact checkering style right where it meets the action. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.