1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super X experts - need your help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2007
    out in left field
    I guess this is the correct category. There is an old saying "No good deed goes unpunished." I shot my Super X last weekend and it wouldn't consistently cycle the bolt to feed the second shell. So . . . . what the heck, decided to break it down and clean it and check the bolt buffer. Disassembled i.e. removed forearm, barrel and magazine tube items. Pulled the trigger out and removed the bolt. Sprayed the trigger group and bolt with Remington gun cleaner and applied a light coat of Rem Oil.

Put everything back together - and now the bolt won't stay back after I've pulled it rearward ! What the heck did I do. I have another Super X and took it apart to see what might look different. Didn't notice any detectable variations . . . so I'm perplexed ( and p.o.'d ).

Any suggestions re: a remedy greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
  2. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Did you change the buffer? If so did you seat it down all the way? A buffer that is not seated correctly can cause your problem.
  3. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Same thing happend to me,turned out to be the bolt buffer.Reset the buffer,worked fine
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.