1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super X 3 review ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by southjblue, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I was all ready to buy the super X 3 Win auto and a friend told me that it had bad reviews on one of the shotgun magazines---Any info interested---Thanks===
    MYSTIC---

2. Robert T

Robert T TS Member

Mystic I have and hunt with a Super X 3 and I love it never had a malfunction. The only draw is you must clean it or it will jam. But it's fast as fast as you can get on em and pull trigger.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The new Super X-2 and X-3 are about the easiest autos to clean. I bought a Signature Sporting X-2 for a loaner, and, with the shim system supplied, it fits me so well and performs to the point that I do not want to loan it out!

It can be cleaned in about the same time as my O/U. Being an old 'smith, I am somewhat obsessive about proper functioning firearms, so I keep my firearms clean and in proper working order.

Why anyone would shoot a gun until it jams and then pay some one an arm and leg to clean it is beyond me.

However, since I get a lot of gun cleaning jobs, it works for me! LOL

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Somebody gave you a bum reveiew. Every gun out there has a failure story at one time or another. The sx-2 and sx3 are rapidly becoming known for reliability and ease of recoil while at teh same time being easy to clean. I have a sx-2 hunting gun that has NEVER failed me. I really do not think you could go wrong if you are buying a new gun. Used guns, like used cars can have a past. If you are to buy one main gun for many uses a new gun that you can always maintain proerly is my choice. I hate buying used guns that have not been cared for properly that wind up breaking pre-maturely because of the previous neglect. By a sx-2 or sx-3 you will not regret it. Jeff

5. RRA

RRA TS Member

SX2 and SX3 are excellent guns. As I have written before, I have not had a jam or malfuntion since I bought it several years ago. I use it mostly for ducks and geese.

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

The trigger on my sx-2 breaks at 4.5 pounds according to my trigger gauge. Like I said... I have a nightmare story about a Browning A-5 I can share as well as several about the much hyped Beneli Super Black Eagle. I have heard bad things about 1100's and my favorite the sx-1.

As far as I am concerned a 50.00 to 100.00 dollar trigger job is part of the buying process of any new rifle or shotgun. If you want a lawyer trigger then buy a new gun. Most guns come with a trigger that will not break at less then 5 pounds. This keeps the lawyers happy and the gunsmiths in business.

Good luck finding a gun that does not have horror storys attached by somebody or other. I had the only Browning A-5 that wouldn't cycyle after 4 trips to the gunsmith. Doesn't change the fact that it was and is one of the most reliable gun ever built. The Beneli that everybody loves so much is recoil operated... Just like a Browning A-5.

They both have a reputation for being reliable. I have seen examples of both that would not work. Good luck! Jeff

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I am tickled spitless with my Super X-2 Sporter, and as I said, the level of performance and fit is such that I am looking for another gun to use as a loaner.

I don't even like gaspipes, but this machine is a shooting beast!!!!! Recoil and muzzle flip are non issues.

I could not tell you about the trigger. I don't have a problem with it. It must not be too bad or I would remember how it feels. I look at the bird, and break the bird. End of story.

8. missed some

missed some TS Member

And the thing I love about em. The safety is behind the trigger guard, which is where I look for it due to shooting nothing but 870's and 1100's for 40 years(in the field).I got talked into trading mine and have been looking for a replacement, I'm to old and tired to lug that 1100 around all day haha. mark crist

9. Zuzax

Zuzax Member

I've been shooting SX3 for 3 years now, doves to geese to turkeys, not a single problem. And I clean it once a year. Great guns........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.