1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super X-1 ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wayneo, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

What would be the best way and tools to remove the magazine tube from the receiver? I need to turn it around. Have some Kroil working on the threads now.
    Thanks, Wayne

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I always put heat on mine to remove them. When you see some smoke you know that the loctite is loosening.

3. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Sory guys but what is the reason to turn the tube around. I have a SX1 for several yrs and never heard of it. Thanks B12

4. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

SX-1's that have not been cleaned properly will develop a ring of corrosion where the piston head sets on the mag tube.......turning it around gives you a clean, smooth surface for the gas piston to move on the mag tube again.

5. JH

JH Well-Known Member

I have changed two recently:

1. Wife's hair dryer rigged directly where the tube mates the action. Put it on high heat for a few minutes. Make sure you apply plenty of heat!

2. Strap wrench.

It will come-off.....Guaranteed!

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I agree with Ajax and Bangalore; use a strap wrench. The tubes are way too easy to get out of round and become useless......Bob Dodd

7. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Definitely heat. Kroil will not loosen the loctite that's on it. A heat gun or good hair dryer and a strap wrench as mentioned.

To b12, even if you do clean your gun well and often, the simple movement of the piston will wear the area of the outside of the mag tube over which it travels. Since the mag tube is symetrical on both end, you just turn it around and you are good to go for a while.

8. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Heat and a strap wrench.Too much enough heat and you will be able to do it by hand. Just take your time and you will be fine. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.