1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

super x-1 ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tracyhunter, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Looking at a X-1 .so i have questions.will they hold up to 5000 a year targets ?is there any reason i should not buy it.it will be used as a back up for trap and some sporting clays.thank you

tracy

2. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

change the buffer and go crush targets.

solid built auto loader

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

You might as well change the return spring while your at it. Wright's has the best springs and buffers. Which gun are you looking at, field or trap? If you are using it for a backup, check the POI. All of the trap models I've had only shoot a couple inches higher than the field gun.

Wayne

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Wayne, just consider yourself unlucky. There are some nice high impact barrels out there. You're not looking hard enough!!

5. johnboy

johnboy Member

I would add that normal cleaning of the magazine tube and gas piston after using is important. I picked up a SX-1 where it had been neglected in those areas and was starting to corrode. Upgrades of stainless and coated parts are available for the tube and piston. I have owned one for approximately 7 years and other than one bolt buffer the gun has been very reliable. For a target gun the weight is OK but for a field gun I think it is a bit over weight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.