1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super X 1

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ipscmaster, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ipscmaster

ipscmaster Member

I am new here to this site, and am glad I found it. A lot of great discussions.I have been a trap shooter for 35+ years (there goes my age) and my favorite trap gun has failed me for the first time in 20 yrs. The trigger on my Win.SX1 has quit on me. Will not work at all. I really miss shooting it, but all the gunsmiths in my area are so young, they have absolutly no experience with these triggers. If anyone knows of an experienced SX1 gunsmith, I would really appreciate the information. Thanks for any advice.
    Bill Crane
    Statesville N.C.

2. shaggist

shaggist Member

Bill,
    One of the acclaimed Super X-1 expert gunsmiths is just done the road from you. Contact Ernest Marlette, 1410 Irving St., W-S, NC, 27103. His phone numbers are: 336 456-1818 & 336 761-0433. You will see his name mentioned often on this site. If you wish to call me, my number is 704 672-9966.
    Take care,
    Jack Young Charlotte, NC

3. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

Contact NU-LINE GUNS in Rhineland, Missouri (573-676-5500). They do outstanding work on Super X, M12's, 101's, and Classic Doubles. My 1948 M12 Pigeon Trap finally developed headspace problems after a quarter of a million rounds, and they rebuilt it to like new. Nice people to deal with, and they do great work.

Mike

4. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Wright's in Pinkneyville, Ill is probably the top SX1 and Model 12 shop in the US. 618-357-8933

Great service and nice folks.

5. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Bill,

Would your problem be related to the plastic buffer failing,
    If you have been shooting it all these years without replacing it, it is way overdue to fail.

ed.

6. copperjohn

copperjohn Member

Ihave had trigger work by Wriight's, outstanding job and service very quick turn around time 7/10 days, reasonable $85.00 tigger 1000% better, Have also had Ernest Marlette work on my super x1 he's real good and a very nice man. You can't go wrong with either.

7. ipscmaster

ipscmaster Member

Thanks for all the replies. I contacted mr. Marlette in Winston and he was so helpful, he actually helped me fix my problem over the phone. He is truly a Win. SX1 GURU. Thanks Jack Young for the help. Ever shoot at Charlotte R&P Club? It's where I was first introduced to trap and skeet and was a member for many years. Great memories. Thanks again and hope you all have a Great Christmas !!!!

Bill Crane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.