1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super X-1 Skeet Barrel

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by AAAHAWK, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAAHAWK

AAAHAWK Member

0   0   0

I have Super X-1 Skeet Barrel in excellent condition.The only modification that as been done is Angle Porting.Looks like it is in new condition.$235.00
    aaahawk_2011_230831.jpg

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Decent deal, I don't need another one. BTTT for AAA

3. ipscmaster

ipscmaster Member

0   0   0

How long is this barrel?

Bill Crane

4. ovaljack

ovaljack Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

good morning, is this an early or late barrel? (does it have a screw in front of front sight?) If it is late production I will take it. thanks, Jack

5. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

All SX-1 skeet barrels are 26". As you probably know, a 26" barrel when mounted on a long auto receiver ends up being more like a 28-30" barrel.

The Winchester SX-1 skeet barrels throw a great pattern...they are really terrific.

As far as the screw in the rib type or not, I have both and all you need to do is remove the screw, clean the threads up, and red locktite and you will have no problems. Problems occur when the screw gets a bit loose and is not noticed and shot that way. Then you can egg out the hole in the rib or shear the screw. But just locktite the sucker and forget it.

To the top for a very nice and hard to get barrel.

6. ovaljack

ovaljack Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Baron, thanks for you response. I disagree that a little loc-tite solves the problem. I have had them sheer off not unscrew. when this happens the rib trys to leave the barrel. also if you have screw chokes installed the barrel is thinned to the point the screw has very little to hold to. installing a pin like briley does will solve the problem, but it is a problem to be solved. not the same as the later barrels that were pinned during production. i own a dozen or so super x-1's and have both type barrels so i'm not just guessing at what could happen, I know from experience. I had one sheer the screw two weeks ago during a little shoot, still cannot get the loc-tited screw out of the barrel. thanks for your help, Jack

7. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Thanks Jack...I have not had one shear the screw and have been given to understand that this happens when the screw gets loose and there is wiggle room for the rib (hole gets ovaled or just plain loose rib).

But as a good friend of mine is wont to say, "experience, you can't buy it but you will pay for it" and you have first hand experience that I do not.

I appreciate your feedback.

Cheers

Stephen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.