1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super X 1 Questions?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by riflegunbuilder, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

I am considering going to a Super X 1 for Doubles and 12 gauge. I have read a little about Type 1 & Type 3; is there a Type 2?

Also seem to remember reading that some of the later trap/skeet guns were blued with matted receiver tops instead of engraved? Any education into the world of Super X1s appreciated.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

No type 2.

3. shaggist

shaggist Member

My early SX-1(4X,XXX) is roll-engraved with a matt receiver top. My 8X,XXX has the engraving with a polished receiver top. I don't think, from what I have seen and read, that any definitive statement can be made about what a particular numbered SX-1 will or will not have as far as receivers go. Some of the later model guns with the Type 3 trigger mechanism supposedly have a gold trigger, but I have never seen one and my late model has a blued trigger. So, what you have is what you have.

Jack

4. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

I have an SX1 that I consider a great doubles gun. It is a Trap model with an improved modified trap barrel that has been ported and a great trigger. PM me if you are interested. JM

5. BigM-Perazzi

I think the pigeons had the gold trigger.

6. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

Whats the difference in a Pigeon and other SX1?

7. BigM-Perazzi

Check this thread.
    bigmperazzi_2008_03038.jpg

8. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

Can the safety be reversed to left hand or do you have to have LH safety? Are Type 1 triggers triggers ok or should I look for Type 3?

9. BigM-Perazzi

Type 1's are fine. The safety's in front of the trigger so it doesn't interfere like a 1100.

Many just put a plug in for competition..

10. Notime2

Notime2 TS Member

Yes you can reverse the safety, only mark the safety as I reinstalled mine, I rotated the button into the hammer slot and may have to mill it out.

Notime2

11. BuddyTrapChamp

BuddyTrapChamp Member

i would go with Super X1i dont like the X2 or X3 for trap good for hunting but when my Perazzi breaks i use a X1 and still shoot 100

12. lwr_

lwr_ Member

@notime2, don't mill it out. The trigger assembly will have to be disassembled to get the safety out. That will be much easier and less destructive than milling out the safety. Take it to a gunsmith or send it to one of the many SX1 ethusiasts here on TS. The trigger assembly is actually pretty easy to take apart and put back together.

13. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

BigM, I own a couple SX-1's and several SX-2's (Type 2)

Riflegunbuilder....The Winchester SX-2 is the same shotgun as the Browning Gold.

Wayne

14. BigM-Perazzi

I have 2 of the late Bob Baumgarts guns wayneo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.