1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super X-1 Help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by esoxhunter, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I have a Super X-1 trap, (Older Model with the allen screw on the front of the rib) I have the original barrel and another barrel I purchased for it, to enable me to shoot sporting clays with. Both barrels will slide into position; except they stop short about 1/16" from the receiver. To have either barrel "go in all the way" so the rib meets the receiver I need to tap the end of the barrel with a piece of wood and a hammer. Of course when you try to remove the barrel you need to tap it from the back to get it loose so you can remove the barrel. Why won't either barrel go in all the way? Anybody have this problem? Also, can I buy the rubber "O" ring that goes over the magazine tube from my local hardware store; or is it made of a special substance that will not be affected by the heat? Thanks in advance for any help. Ed

2. sx1

sx1 Member

SX-1 barrels were originally fit to their receivers at the factory. It sounds like neither one of your barrels came from the factory with that receiver. They can be fitted using emery cloth a little at a time to smooth out the high spots. If you don't feel comfortable doing that then take it to a gunsmith. Simple job. You do not want it to be a loose fit!!! Try cleaning all the mating surfaces first to see if that will help. Dry works best.

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Ditto, get some smoke on the barrel extension, outside surface, and find where the high spot is by running it in and out. Take some emery cloth to the high spot(s) and you'll soon have it nicely fitted. The O ring I used in the other century was from an auto parts store and it worked quite well. Had a 1/2 dozen of them available with the gun just in case of loss or failure....breakemall....Bob Dodd

4. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Excellent SX-1 tip posted here! Thanks. I never knew that about SX-1 barrels

5. Mark S

Mark S TS Member

www.allorings.com has every o-ring you could imagine.

The one you want is stock #: V1000-021

2-021 VITON O-RINGS
    75D Black

It seemed to me I bought a lifetime supply for real cheap. Do not remember the actual price.

Mark

6. sx1

sx1 Member

If you fit your barrel, you want have to slam the bolt home. I would go easy saying it won't hurt the gun.

7. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Sorry SX-1, I'm with Bob on this one. I have both factory fitted barrels and barrels I bought afterward. Never had to tap them in, they all fit fine. But I do remove them exactly as Bob described. I release the bolt once with the forend off, then pull it back and the barrel is unseated sufficient to pull out of the receiver. There is not even a hint of damage from this practice.

Cheers

Stephen

8. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

Take a "Sharpie" and "paint" the barrel extention ; insert the barrel into the receiver until it begins to bind ; remove the barrel and dress the area of the extention where the "paint" was removed ; re-paint with the "Sharpie" .

Don't remove a great deal of metal when dressing the high area(s) --- easy does it .

Repeat until the barrel slides reasonably easily into and out of the receiver .

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.