1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

super x 1 hand rubbed finish version

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by snowdude100, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowdude100

snowdude100 TS Member

I heard there is a hand rubbed finish version of the super x model 1 that was made in the first couple years of production. It was mentioned in the december/january outdoor life it said it wasn't a success so winchester drouped it out of production quick. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these or has ever seen one of them before, if you have could you explain to me what they look like

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Is that Snowful hiding as snowdude100? Jeff

3. snowdude100

snowdude100 TS Member

No, why does he know something about these guns.

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I don't recall any such factory item but I certainly stripped and oil finished a number of the guns in the other century, really looked nice - heck 25 to 30 years ago....Bob Dodd

5. Gregor

Gregor Member

I recently aquired a field model Super-X Model 1 with just such a finish. It looks like an oil finish with a satin sheen. The gun appears to have been test fired only, Serial Number M2494X.

Regards,

Gregor

6. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I have the most beautiful stock that I have ever seen on a factory SX-1...its a skeet stock from an early model. It is indeed a satin or matte finish, but it is not hand rubbed oil. Looks real good...too bad it doesn't fit, I'm built for an MC stock so I have it sitting on the shelf...maybe I will put an adjustable comb on it, but I hate to cut it.

Cheers

Stephen

7. 1oz

1oz Member

Baron i have a skeet set i have adjustable pad and comb interested in a trade? remove the XXX's

8. Baron23

1oz - thanks but I'm going to keep this set. I bought this gun from Steve Phillips, VP Sales at Krieghoff. Steve is from my area and we are personal friends. He swears that this gun came from a Win employee, hence the incredible wood (yeah, I know, there a thousand provenance stories about some employee or another of a gun manf...if all true, they never would have had enough guns to sell to the public :)

Its a completely consistent factory stock, just dark reddish brown with a high degree of bold black figuring and a very matte finish. I have five SX-1s, including a factory pigeon grade, decent wood all, but none of them even approach this stock/fore end.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm hanging on to it at the present.

Cheers

Stephen

9. Baron23

Hi Chuck - I will try to get some pictures this week...understand, this is not going to wow the guy out who bought a blank of exhibition English for a custom stock....but it is one heck of a factory SX-1 stock and doesn't look like any of the others I have in terms of figure and color.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.