1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super X-1 guys - your opinion, please

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AveragEd, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

"Winchester Super X Model 1, 1974-1981, Trap 30" VR tubes, fancy wood, as new $575."

That's what the ad says - what do you guys think? I won't have time to look at it until Sunday but in the meantime (if it's still available), what should I be aware of regarding these guns?

Ed

2. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Tubes ?? I ass u me (assume) these are aftermarket chokes installed in the barrel.

Only aftermarket chokes I would have on this barrel would be Briley thin walls, flush mounted.

I love these guns, sure sounds good, price is really low, but only if the "tubes" are Briley's, would I buy it. If they are any other brand I'd pass.

Tom Strunk

3. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

One correction, Tom. The chokes could be Wright's......exact same thinwall pattern and thread as Briley's, but better quality and better workmanship!!

Ken Rucker

4. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Ed: I would think if the gun is in very good shape; $575 would be a very fair price. I have a Super X-1 trap with the original 30" full choke barrel. However, I also have a 28" barrel with Wrights chokes in it; which I use for sporting clays. I have had absolutely no problems with the Wrights choke tubes in this barrel. Hope the deal works out. The Super X-1 is a nice gun. Ed

5. tj303

tj303 Member

Replacing the rubber recoil buffer is SOP after buying a Super-X.

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

If it has decent wood it's a great price. The barrel can always be swapped out. Some good SuperX-1 Monte carlo wood will sell for $300 alone. They are notorius flat shooters.

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the help but I just called and the gun has been sold. The person with whom I spoke didn't know anything about it, so I couldn't find out about the chokes.

Ed

8. mirage1

mirage1 Member

That's a steal if you ask me. I just bought an all original
    trap with straight stock for $625.00. I ams not a big fan of
    auto but they are the best auto ever built.IMHO
    Joe

9. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

Don`t worry theres plenty more of them around, just keep looking, even when your not looking very hard you`ll run across one.that gun sounds like a good deal. breakemall, Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.