1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super X-1 Grease, oil, nothing ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by headhunter, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Any Super X guys have advise on how to lube the action on a Super x? Just got one and want to do it right.
    Thanks for feedback

2. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

Headhunter, Use oil where you have metal to metal contact and moving parts on your Super X-1.

Hit 'em hard,

John

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

More important than lubing is to become familiar with the buffer. Stu Wright is a good person for service.

4. sx1

sx1 Member

Use Break Free, coat gas piston and mag tube, also inside action. Clean just by wiping. Update your springs and buffer.

Enjoy!!

5. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

Tri-Flow works great too.

6. JH

JH Well-Known Member

If you let Tri-flow sit (long time) it hardens like epoxy.....Break Free CLP liquid won't....it is THE BEST for semiautos....

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Tri-Flow will harden like epoxy? Is Break Free a superior lubricant to motor oil? Can anyone cite specific data comparing the lubricity of WD-40 to 3 in 1 oil? It is not difficult to state a personal opinion but it can be difficult to support that opinion with facts.

My opinion: Any oil will work well as long as it remains clean. The very best oil does a poor job protecting the gun if the oil is dirty.

Pat Ireland

8. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, I think I'll hunt down some Break Free. Thanks for the response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.