1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super X 1 Bolt Link?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by winchesterAA, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winchesterAA

winchesterAA Member

Does anyone know where i can get a SX 1 bolt link? Ive called Nu Line and there out of them, They told me that they have 4 bids out too machine shops and too check back in 6 months! I called Wrights and they said in a few weeks. which isnt too bad but i was wondering if anyone knows who has them currently in stock? Thank You All Richie

2. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

To my knowledge, there are none. I have broke one in 24 years. My solution was to try and find a beater and part it out. I always carry a spare bolt assembly and trigger in my shooting pouch, but I'm happy to say I've never needed either.

The proper name it is called is " locking bolt ", reference number *51, which according to Winchester was sold only to gunsmiths who have executed an agreement with us - otherwise for factory installation only. This wording is direct from page 5 of the takedown and assembly instructions.

Tom Strunk

3. johnpe

johnpe Member

I broke one of the - I call them struts - that connect the rear of the bolt with the socket that pushes the spring into the stock. I did find one, but it came dear. I've kept the broken parts and hope to have them welded back together. However, it is questionable about how long a repaired piece will work before it breaks again. I do have a spare gun, so I just switched barrels until I could find the part. If someone has some made, I'm certainly going to lay in a couple. I'll be watching for word of it happening.

Johnpe

4. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Ernest Marlette - (336) 761-0433 Great guy, great gunsmith, he may have a bolt link (the part that extends from the back of the bolt to the bolt follower :)

Bob did indeed have "lifetime" bolt links...but the price was equiv to their durability, apparently so I never got one.

You might also want to try Steve Fischer in Fla - stevefischer2@bellsouth.net

On the other hand, SXJeff or others on this site may have one to sell.

Cheers

Stephen

5. Tom Strunk

WinchesterAA which part are we talking about?

The correct name for the part that others above are describing is " breech bolt " This part is very scarce, but I do have an extra. This part, when assembled, has the firing pin and spring mounted inside of it and also the extractor. At the rear of the breech bolt a link is attached called the " bolt slide link " which sets into the return spring follower.

Tom Strunk

6. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

WAA, I have a new bolt link if interested. Remove the X's

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Tom, he is talking about the bolt link. The part that goes into the return spring assembly. I have a whole used Bolt assembly that is well used I would sell for 100 dollars. You would get the link as well as the rest of the bolt. Plus 5 bucks freight. Links break about every 50,000 rounds or so. If you shoot a whole bunch and you shoot SX-1's all the time you will break a link now and again. Jeff sx1jeff@yahoo.com

8. Tom Strunk

I guess I'm lucky as I have never broke the bolt link ( bolt slide link ) probably because I always had a complete bolt and link inside of a sock with me at all times as well as a spare Hoblit release trigger inside of another sock. These were carried inside my shell bag.

I learned when I was shooting Remington 1100's to always carry these parts to be able to handle any problem that would come up while competing. I was supported by Remington and always had plenty of parts as they broke often. The link ( I called it a tuning fork ) broke in the Remington approx. ever 2,500 rounds. They did shoot good though.

$100.00 for a complete bolt assembly is a damm good deal, someone needs to buy this for insurance. I'm lucky as I have two spare bolt assemblies of my own.

I have owned four Perazzi's and one Krieghoff and I believe the Super-X is as reliable as any of them and you don't need a gunsmith to work on them, they are soooo simple.

Tom Strunk

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I do it the same way that you do Tom. I carry an extra bolt assembly, gas system,trigger. 1- O-ring and one of the steel O-rings. It's always been all I ever needed. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.