1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super X-1 bolt handle, I can't remove it ?!?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Baron23, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with one of my SX-1s (and it was a Win orginal handle). The advise I received (here I believe) works like a charm and will not scratch up your gun (which you will do with pliers and the like).

Take 12-16" piece of cord or leather lanyard, put a slip knot around the handle, then yank like you are yanking a tooth in an old Three Stooges movie. It will come right out.

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I've had the pleasure of handling a fist full of the SX-1s through the years and there was more than a few where the cocking handle was difficult to remove. I've had to use leather and water pump pliers to remove a couple of them. On the other hand I've seen fellows with loose ones that just keep it in their pocket while shooting but accessible for that occasion when the gun had to be opened to clear a loaded shell.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

3. Baron23

SS - sorry it didn't work for you...did you really tie the other end to a door knob!?

The key is not to apply more pressure, put a slip knot (which should definitely not come off) and give it a good jerk...not slow pressure. I used just some cotton utility cord...not very thick.

Just offered what had been offered to me when I couldn't get one off for love or money any other way.

Cheers

Stephen

4. Baron23

I was only kidding about the Three Stooges..being illustrative...sorry, I should have been clearer but I'm glad you got it out.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.