1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

super x-1 and Estate ammo?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by superxjeff, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Hi Bob, I have had this happen before. Usally it is the firing pin spring. I would take a look at it and while you are in there replace it. ditto with the hammer spring. How long has it been since you replaced springs? I suppose all other ammo works just fine correct? Just swap out teh springs and you should be fine. Jeff

2. SX-1 Man Bud

SX-1 Man Bud Member

Hi Bob

I've had this problem with two of my Super X's. The firing pin spring could be broken. If not, cut 3/8 of an inch (about 5 coils) off the existing or new
    firing pin spring. The spring in it's original length coil binds. This should fix your problem.

I have a Bob B. gun and I shoot a lot of the same Estates with no pronlem.

Bud

3. johnpe

johnpe Member

Question for you SX-1 experts.

Today I shot my SX-1 trap for the first time in several years. On the fifth station, I pushed the button to release the bolt and the gun fired!!!!! It was pointed at the ground about 15 feet in front of the line, but it certainly scared the hell out of me and everyone else. I purchased this gun second hand and have not used it much at all since. About three years ago, I changed the recoil spring out in my SX-1's, including this one. I've been using another gun with the barrel from this gun for almost all of my SX-1 shooting.

What could have caused the gun to fire: (A) The firing pin went forward and hit the primer because of inertia, (B) Trigger pull too light and it jarred out of engagement, or (C) ?????. Your thoughts will be appreciated.

Johnpe

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Finger, Yes.... You better watch that fire control assembly. I suspect the bolt trick is the best way to gete too the heart of the issue. Good luck with that. John, I suspect that your firing pin is broke or you have a trigger that somebody messed with. Sometimes when the pin breaks they will get bound up in the spring and stick out and when the bolt slams home.... BAM. Jeff

5. johnpe

johnpe Member

SuperXJeff,

Thanks a bunch!! I'll disassemble the fire control mechanism and bolt and see what gives. I think the firing pin is OK but will check it. The trigger pull is light but has some creep.

Johnpe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.